PEUGEOT 407 SW 07 REG - HELP NEEDED - shimsham
I have just been ripped of with thie abouve model,I bought it out of the Auto Trader 2 weeks ago, in very good condition inside, but mechanicly absolutey littered with problems,firstly I noticed there was not a lot off torque especially in low gears,so I have took to my local garage where it as been on diagnostic machine for the last four days.
At the moment they have found that the inside of the Cat & Dpf have had there insides ripped out and they have traced the Management warning light as been ripped out,and two of the sensors could be iffy,at this moment in time it is still on diagnostic machine but the mechanics have told me there is a possibility it could be the ecu,does any one know of a guy who as a Peugeot Planet diagnostic machine

Sandra

PEUGEOT 407 SW 07 REG - HELP NEEDED - RobJP

If a garage has had a car on a diagnostic check for 4 days, then I'd question who's ripping you off more, them, or whoever you bought it off !

You say you noticed it did not have a lot of torque, especially in low gears. I'm sorry, but a basic test drive would have brought this up. If you're not going to do that, then you're asking for trouble. If you did notice that, and still went ahead and bought the car, then you were asking for trouble.

PEUGEOT 407 SW 07 REG - HELP NEEDED - Manatee

Private sale, auction, or a dealer? (or a dealer pretending to be a private seller?)

The car probably has more serious problems than the gutted cat and DPF and the missing warning light which are bad enough, and could be worthless - so look into your rights or leverage with the seller. It is extremely unlikley that the person who sold it to you didn't know about the faults.

If it was a dealer worth powder and shot then you are in a better position, but I have a horrible suspicion it wasn't.

The guy called Rob could be half right what he says,the other half may suggest he may be wrong saying I deserved what I got, I would really say this guy as never been had not just cars but with anything in life,but you do get some people in life who are perfect.
My local garage as more or less narrowed it down today,saying that the management light had been sorted,and the car needed a new DPF, FRONT EXHAUST PIPE, DPF PRESSURE CENTRE SENSOR, and just for our friend Rob the garage charged me £28 +vat diagnostic check.

Sandra

I don't think I said anywhere that you deserve what you've got, or that I was perfect. My own motoring history has highs and lows aplenty.

I did say that if you test-drove the car, and found it gutless, and went ahead and bought it anyway, then you were asking for trouble.

If you didn't test-drive it before you bought it, then, again, you were asking for trouble.

Be honest. Is either of those things wrong ? Any basic test-drive would show if a car was lacking in 'grunt'. It certainly did for me last year when we were looking to buy a Shogun Sport. I drove one that we went to see 200 yards before I said "It's as gutless as hell", and turned around.

If they've charged you £28+vat for the diagnostic, then there is no way in hell that they've had it "on diagnostic machine for the last four days", as you said. In fact, you stated that "at this moment in time it is still on diagnostic machine". If they were charging that little for a car to be on diagnostic for 4+ days, then they'd be out of business in short order.

Hi llos, I tried to contact three people in the midlands from Peugeot Forum website who have not replied,before going to the local garage,I would still take it to a planet owner if I could get hold of one,I tried to get hold of one yesterday but he's a administrator on the Peugeot Forum and with me being just a new member on that website they won't let me contact him with a pm, if you know of anyone in the Midlands who as one,do you know of anyone.
PEUGEOT 407 SW 07 REG - HELP NEEDED - Gibbo_Wirral

You've asked this same question on three forums now, you've been given instructions on contacting Planet owners on Peugeotforums.com and you don't appear to be reading the instructions you've been given or replying to what people are asking you.

Edited by Gibbo_Wirral on 27/07/2015 at 14:16

For your information I have tried to contact people on different forums because I cannot get anyone to reply on the Peugeot Forum, the one nearest to me is the guy at Swadlicote, I have sent him at least six messages, storeman sent me a guy at Nuneaton to contact I have sent him three messages yesterday, and what's wrong with putting it on three forums,help would come in handy from people who want to help.

PEUGEOT 407 SW 07 REG - HELP NEEDED - skidpan

People have a life and jobs, they don't give free advice on Forums 24/7. Just be patient, someone will reply.

But if you cannot wait take the car to a Peugeot dealer.

In addition to which, it's also summer holiday season. Quite possibly they are away, busy with kids, etc.

Thanks for reply
Thanks for the reply
PEUGEOT 407 SW 07 REG - HELP NEEDED - pd

Sounds a bit odd as you can't just rip a management light out on a 407. Even if you did, it would also say "Anti-Pollution Fault" and beep or do something similar.

You can run a 407 with the DPF missing but you need the engine management re-coded to not look for the DPF. If they've removed the DPF it sounds as if, maybe, they haven't had it re-coded.

PEUGEOT 407 SW 07 REG - HELP NEEDED - Gibbo_Wirral
For your information I have tried to contact people on different forums because I cannot get anyone to reply on the Peugeot Forum, the one nearest to me is the guy at Swadlicote, I have sent him at least six

Right, I'm a moderator on Peugeotforums and you've only sent member "Mickiete" a VISTOR message, not a PRIVATE message.

The instructions you were given (twice) clearly said you should send a PM (private message). Many members don't read or get notifications about Visitor Messages. Private messages send an email notification.

I know you haven't sent a private message because you only have twelve posts to your name, and you need twenty before you can message.