Alicante Car Hire - daveyK_UK

Does anyon have experience of car hire from Alicante airport?

A quck google search comes up with hundreds of horror stories and very few reccomendations.

Alicante Car Hire - daveyjp
For EU bookings I go through economycarhire.co.uk, which is a UK based company. Far easier to sort if there is a problem, which to date I haven't had,
Alicante Car Hire - oldroverboy.

If you are "nervous" Go to Holiday autos, never let me down all over the world, uk based, uk 01 phone number,

or go direct tp avis/hertz/budget etc....

Alicante Car Hire - quizman

I've used this firm for the last few car hires and found them very good. Last time I got a car from Sixt at Barcelona airport.

www.rentalcars.com/

Alicante Car Hire - elekie&a/c doctor

Recently flew to Alicante and used autoeurope/dollar/hertz with no issues.Just make sure you fill up with fuel well in advance on the return as there are no stations very close to the airport.

Alicante Car Hire - bathtub tom

If you are "nervous" Go to Holiday autos

I used them and on arrival at the airport was told "we have no car for you, hire one somewhere else and claim a refund on return to UK". This was after 10pm.

Alicante Car Hire - oldroverboy.

If you are "nervous" Go to Holiday autos

I used them and on arrival at the airport was told "we have no car for you, hire one somewhere else and claim a refund on return to UK". This was after 10pm.

If this happens Holiday autos have a 24 hour emergency helpline, and the car should be upgraded.

Got to NYC went to collect car, told no car, got phone out to call holiday autos, asked what i was doing, told them, spoke to holiday autos who then spoke to the hireco, and told them to find me a car! Got a nice upgrade foc...

you can get the landline number on sayno to 0870 website.

I repeat I have hired usa/spain/portugal/france/uae/abudhabi and uk, NEVER any problems. i also buy their excess waiver package, although others are available..

If you want you can call to make the booking and they will match their internet price, and you can get reassurance that a car will be kept for you.

No, I don't work for them.

Alicante Car Hire - Steveieb

Complaqined about Holiday Autos to the Director of CSMA but they still continue to use them !

Decided to take the advice of Which and book through their top rated company Economy Car hire which provide top up insurance for less than £3 a day!

Alicante Car Hire - daveyK_UK

Thank you for your responses