Ford Fiesta finesse 52reg - Fiesta starting problem - plproud
Hi I am having a problem getting my fiesta started! It's been great at starting until yesterday and I'm really stuck! It's been starting fine then I used it twice on Saturday and was fine then I got in to move it and it wouldn't start! The ignition lights etc come on fine and it's trying to start but just won't kick over! I've checked fuses battery etc and all seem ok but I've no idea why it won't start even thought it was fine all day! I'm really stuck and need help! The immobiliser light goes off but when I turn the ignition key and try to start it the fuel gauge and lights seem to flash on and off! When it's trying to fire up! I'm stuck and don't know what to do a alike I say it was fine all day until then and I've never had a problem stating it before! It looks like it's got some type of scorpion alarm system on it too, the only thing I did was wash me car then this happened! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ford Fiesta finesse 52reg - Fiesta starting problem - Avant

Moved to Technical. It could be the burglar alarm, or maybe just dirty battery terminals.

Ford Fiesta finesse 52reg - Fiesta starting problem - plproud
It's just very confusing as it's been fine, I was even using it on Saturday before it happened, can the battery be a problem even though it's got enough juice in to try and start it? Like I say all I did was wash the car then left it an hour went back and this had happened! I'm stumped!
Ford Fiesta finesse 52reg - Fiesta starting problem - elekie&a/c doctor

Sounds like the battery has given up.

Ford Fiesta finesse 52reg - Fiesta starting problem - galileo
It's just very confusing as it's been fine, I was even using it on Saturday before it happened, can the battery be a problem even though it's got enough juice in to try and start it? Like I say all I did was wash the car then left it an hour went back and this had happened! I'm stumped!

You say the battery has enough juice to try and start it, do you mean it actually turns the engine over at the usual speed, or does it just turn slowly?

When you washed it, did you use a pressure washer or hose? Could you have got water into the ecu/fuse area/ignition leads/coil packs?

If moisture is possible WD40 is worth trying on plug leads etc.

Edited by galileo on 14/06/2015 at 19:28