Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec 2005 Mk2 - Speedo reading zero now no electrics - Neil100

Hi all, had a few occasions were the speedo stopped working, the mileometer read -------- accompanied by an almost impeceptable loss of power. Problem cleared when the key was removed and the engine restarted. Blogs indicated a common faut, most likely the speedo sensor on the rear of the gearbox which can break on removal resulting in a need to remove the gearbox. I've held off getting the work done as its not a good time at the moment. Went to my car this afternoon, turned the key, initially got the warning lights which then faded and then nothing. No electrics at all, hazards, lights etc. The mileometer faded in and out a few times then went completely. I'm sure the battery is OK, not had any problems with it but I'll try charging it anyway (It would have to be completely flat). Looks like I will have to call a mobile electrician. Could the speedo sensor be responsible for this loss of power or do I have two issues? Any adivce greatly appreciated. thanks

Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec 2005 Mk2 - Speedo reading zero now no electrics - elekie&a/c doctor
I would get the battery tested before doing anything else.The speed sensor could be the fault with the speedo reading zero,but this will not stop the car starting.
Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec 2005 Mk2 - Speedo reading zero now no electrics - Neil100

Yes, I checked the battery today and the negative terminal was lose. Had a new clutch prior to these problems and they obviously forgot to tighten it! Thankfully this has restored the power and hopefully the speedo too, fingers crossed! Thanks for your help.