2010 Clio - Flasher relay - PaulR1
My daughters Clio has an indicator problem. The off side rear indicator is not working, the front flashes quickly. Near side works correctly.

I have checked the bulbs and they are ok. Ive got a relay to try but can't find it's. Location...any ideas where it is and if the problem is the unit or a bad earth?

Thanks. In advance.
2010 Clio - Flasher relay - elekie&a/c doctor

There is no flasher unit on these.The indicators are controlled from the electronic body module.I would check the pins at the connector to the rear light.Not uncommon for the pin to overheat and cause contact issues.

Oh , no flasher unit.

I'll check the connections tomorrow. I hope that's all it is and not the module, that sounds expensive.

b***** eurocarparts sold my wife a flasher relay today, that can go back.

Thanks for the reply.
2010 Clio - Flasher relay - old-school-tech

yep def not a flasher relay problem, or a switch problem...it will be poor contact to the bulb / bulb holder.

poor contacts on these bulb holders often lead to burnt contact points..so clean them up well with emery paper and bend them out slightly to make a tighter contact. if its burnt too bad you may need a new bulb holder or even lamp unit..

:)

you can always tell when one of your front or rear (not side) indicator bulbs has blown, the remaining one will flash twice as fast..this is because the resistance has changed in the circuit.

Edited by old-school-tech on 28/05/2015 at 17:49

That's cured it.

I cleaned and raised the bulb contactor, although it looked new and sprayed the plug and pins with contact cleaner, re assembled and all is well for now.

Thanks for the replies guys.