Mercedes SLK - Parking Sensors - MGM65
Can anyone advise as to whether or not they would recommend having front and rear parking sensors fitted on a used SLK I have just purchased. I am used to them with my previous Audi but these were factory fitted. Some people say that having them fitted after production is more trouble than its worth.

Any knowledge or advice would be gratefully received
Mercedes SLK - Parking Sensors - elekie&a/c doctor
No problem having rear sensors fitted as long as a quality make is used.Front sensors are a waste of time with an after market system,as they usually do not operate correctly or as good as original.Take a look at Steelmate sensors.
Mercedes SLK - Parking Sensors - MGM65
Ill take a look at Steelmate - thank you!
Mercedes SLK - Parking Sensors - slkfanboy

Front a useful as its hard to see when parking, rear not so useful

Mercedes SLK - Parking Sensors - twitcherman

Doesn't the SLK have sensors as standard, to stop you operating the roof when too close to an obstruction (the boot hinges backwards as part of the folding process)?

Mercedes SLK - Parking Sensors - NARU

I had Valeo sensors fitted to my MX-5 when I bought it 4 years ago. No problems at all, and the colour match was perfect.

www.fittedparkingsensors.co.uk/index.php

Mercedes SLK - Parking Sensors - dadbif
I fitted a set I bought on eBay, colour coded to the rear bumpers, simple to fit, just a feed off the reversing lights and an earth. Work perfectly. £14 including postage. Hardest job was removing bumper and trim to fit them to a Honda, but there are plenty of pictorial guides on the Internet. Why pay more?
Mercedes SLK - Parking Sensors - gordonbennet

I'll second the Steelmate recommendation, had front and rear fitted to the previous Hilux by a mobile sparky i've used for years, never a moments problem.

Fronts are useful on a high front vehicle, you could ''watch'' otherwise unseen children/animals walk past the front of the vehicle...being auto it had decent creep so he wired the fronts into the brake light circuit in order to cut out unecessary false alarms, wouldn't have thought of that meself prior to fitting but my sparky had fitted many sets before.