Citroën C3 1.4 petrol 2004 - Citroën C3 misfire - dawntless

Hi I've got a problem with my wife's C3

It's a 2004 Citroën C3 1.4 petrol. It's got a misfire at low revs.

Had a engine management light on now and then computer gives P1336 as the error.

A local garage said it's fuel injectors I've replaced all 4 and spark plugs and on further advice coil pack.

Still missing at low revs but once it goes over 2000rpm it seems fine quickly accelerating up to 70mph. Etc....

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Paul.

Edited by dawntless on 31/03/2015 at 08:11

Citroën C3 1.4 petrol 2004 - Citroën C3 misfire - elekie&a/c doctor

Any basic checks carried out.?Cylinder compressions,valve timing cam belt?Some of these engines have adjustable tappets.

Any basic checks carried out.?Cylinder compressions,valve timing cam belt?Some of these engines have adjustable tappets.

No not that I'm aware of. Thinking to try a different garage.

Citroën C3 1.4 petrol 2004 - Citroën C3 misfire - Gibbo_Wirral

You need a garage with Lexia diagnostic equipment. That reads live data of all key components, and not just a fault code, which poor to average mechanics will just Google and try swapping coil pack or injectors at your expense.

For exmaple, live data will show air flow at the MAP sensor and how other components are performing and what data they're relaying back, checked against a reference value

Edited by Gibbo_Wirral on 31/03/2015 at 14:27

You need a garage with Lexia diagnostic equipment. That reads live data of all key components, and not just a fault code, which poor to average mechanics will just Google and try swapping coil pack or injectors at your expense.

For exmaple, live data will show air flow at the MAP sensor and how other components are performing and what data they're relaying back, checked against a reference value

Thanks for that advice. I'll make sure the one I choose has this equipment.

Citroën C3 1.4 petrol 2004 - Citroën C3 misfire - hardway

While I agree with Elec/doc for the most part Citroen Lexia is what I'd plug in,

computer diagnostics cant as yet do everything.

Giving your other garage the benefit of doubt That they have tried......

I'd be plugging in my compression leakage tester,

This injects shop compressed air into the cylinder to see if it can maintain pressure.

So if I inject 100 psi and it only holds say 75 psi the escaping air can be heard from say the inlet meaning faulty inlet valves.

Exhaust valve leaking means air from the exhaust and air from the oil filler cap means the ring/bore is at fault.

So it's really a more sophisticated from of compression tester,

So advice is find a garage that has "Lexia" diagnostics and a compression leakage tester.

The leakage tester really isn't that expensive tool compared to some of my other diagostics equipment

But it is a really useful tool.

Edited by hardway on 31/03/2015 at 22:36