Lexus IS300 Sportcross - Aftermarket Replacement Parking Sensors - StueyD

Hi All,

My Lexus IS300 Sportcross has rear parking sensors which have failed.

Lexus want to charge me £99 just to investigate the problem and replacement parts have a reputation for being expensive, so i'm thinking it might be more cost effective to get have the sensors (and also have fitted additional front sensors) replaced with aftermarket items.

Ideally i'd prefer them to be speed sensitive so they only operate below 10mph.

Can anyone recommend a quality brand of parking sensors and/or anyone in the Solihull / West Midlands area who can fit them?

Thanks.

Lexus IS300 Sportcross - Aftermarket Replacement Parking Sensors - bathtub tom

Do you know it's the sensors and not wiring, control unit, etc?

Lexus IS300 Sportcross - Aftermarket Replacement Parking Sensors - StueyD

Do you know it's the sensors and not wiring, control unit, etc?

No but if it is either of these things it's even more likely to cost more than a new setup (and I still want front sensors which I don't currently have).

Lexus IS300 Sportcross - Aftermarket Replacement Parking Sensors - elekie&a/c doctor

Fitting aftermarket sensors would mean replacing the complete rear system ,including the sensors,wiring and control unit.Also you would need to find a system with the same diameter sensors as your existing ones,otherwise you will need a new rear bumper.Front add-on system would be a stand alone and could incorporate speed cut-off.These are good quality and work well;www.steel-mate.co.uk/acatalog/Parking_Sensors.html

Lexus IS300 Sportcross - Aftermarket Replacement Parking Sensors - Sulphur Man

Arent aftermarket sensors wired to the reverse light bulb? that should be fairly straightforward

Lexus IS300 Sportcross - Aftermarket Replacement Parking Sensors - madf

Aftermarket sensors ARE wired to teh reversing light system.. All you need to do is disconnect teh existing sensors and control box wiring.. and remove the old sensors.

Front sensors require a switch and wiring via teh fuse box.

If you have to ask, you are probably not competent to do it - you can screw up big time if you do it wrong ...