Ford Transit Custom - Dealer Purchase or Internet Broker - pmintern

Hi I am looking at purchasing new Transit Custom Van, I have a price from my local dealer who I trust as I have bought from them before, but I have a price from an Internet Broker who is approximately 1.5k cheaper, the dealer cannot match the price. With the broker I will not be the first registered keeper, not to much of an issue, but reading some bad reports about this type of purchase.

So does anyone have any advice either poitive or negative, and what would you do Dealer Purchase or Internet Broker Purchase.

I appreciate any comments, good or bad.

Ford Transit Custom - Dealer Purchase or Internet Broker - RobJP

Try another dealer first, taking details of the broker price. Loyalty is great, but it cuts both ways.

We've just (last weekend) ordered a brand new BMW Z4. Had got a couple of quotes off brokers, and went into my local BMW dealership. Initially the dealership was £1.8k away from the broker, told them what I'd been quoted, and that I had the quote with me. After a bit of discussion, they came back with a price only £140 away from the broker price.

Deal done, as it means I don't have to go down to London to collect the car in a few weeks

Hi Rob, I appreciate your feedback, I should of said that I have been to numerous dealers now across the country, but they cant get near the broker price as I am only buying the one van and I dont qualify for fleet discount, which is why the broker can get so low.

Ford Transit Custom - Dealer Purchase or Internet Broker - skidpan

We've just (last weekend) ordered a brand new BMW Z4. Had got a couple of quotes off brokers, and went into my local BMW dealership. Initially the dealership was £1.8k away from the broker, told them what I'd been quoted, and that I had the quote with me. After a bit of discussion, they came back with a price only £140 away from the broker price.

When I bought my BMW 118D the local dealer was £2000 more than the internet. I told the sales chappy I had had better quotes off the internet, did not tell him by how much and after a few taps on his keyboard his price exactly matched the internet, no discussion required. I bought from him there and then.

When I bought my Seat Leon the price quoted by my local dealer was (again) £2000 more than the internet. The dealer would not lower his price, not even by £1. He was insistent that Seat would not permit discounting. So I bought from the internet.

Ford Transit Custom - Dealer Purchase or Internet Broker - daveyK_UK

Which broker do you intend to use?

your allowed to name them on here as long as your not blatantly advertising or saying anything dodgy.

Ford Transit Custom - Dealer Purchase or Internet Broker - RobJP

In our case the broker was coast2coast. I found out that they were using a particular BMW dealer by the M25 for a lot of their sales, but as I said, my local (North Wales) dealer virtually matched them on price after a little bit of effort. Close enough that I can't be bothered having to traipse down to London to collect the new car, anyway.

The list price on the car was £33,640.

The broker could do it for £26,060.

My dealer eventually came in at £26,200.

Hi Davey,

The broker is vanbrandsdirect.co.uk