Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi - Fault Code p0221 - franksboy

Hi I have a Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi. 3 times over the last 6 months the car has hesitated and during gear change the revs do not return to idle. I have changed the switch on the clutch pedal, no better. when the car hiccups it does so for a few days then the Glow Plug light comes on and the car goes to idle with no revs. Turn off and start again and all ok. The fault code P0221 is showing on the ecu. If it was an old mini i would clean the carb, thats what it feels like.

Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi - Fault Code p0221 - craig-pd130

p0221 is the throttle pedal position sensor, you might need a new throttle pedal assembly.

Many thanks for the reply I'll see if the problem occurs again and keep up my membership yo Green Flag in the meantime. Cheers

Hi Craig

so the fault code P0221. Symptoms hesitateing at around 1600 revs in 4thg at 30mph. I went to the local scrappy £18 for throttle peddle and changed it in the car park. litterally 10mins. I've just returned from 2500 miles in scotland and no problems. the rear box of the exhaust fell off but i somehow don't think it's related.

Cheers

Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi - Fault Code p0221 - craig-pd130

Thanks for the update, and glad to have been able to help.

Was there a fault code before the back box fell off? ;-)