Skoda Octavia - My uncle has passed away, left car, how to sell it - roon
My uncle has passed away recently and have been given the keys and the docs by a relative, his wife has gone back to china and isn't coming back, this leaves my mother as next of kin, however my mother is very ill and cant deal with it but she wants me to sell it on her behalf, could anyone advise how to go about this please?! Thanks,Roon
Skoda Octavia - My uncle has passed away, left car, how to sell it - skidpan

Several options:

Advertise privately in such a Autotrader.

Sell to local garage.

Sell to We buy any car.

Skoda Octavia - My uncle has passed away, left car, how to sell it - Galaxy

I believe you might need to get the ownership of the car transferred into your name. The DVLA aren't very happy about vehicles being registered in the name of someone who is deceased, for obvious reasons.

We needed to do this when my father passed away. it was quite a long time ago, now, but, from memory, I think I had to write to the DVLA and send then a copy of my father's Death Certificate and the V5C. They then registered the car in my own name.

Best give the DVLA a call, or you might be able to find the answer on their website.

Edit..............Are you your Uncle's Executor, OP? If not, it probably should be the Executor who will deal with this.

Edited by Galaxy on 11/03/2015 at 09:46

Skoda Octavia - My uncle has passed away, left car, how to sell it - roon
Thanks very much for that, its genuinely helpful. Unfortunately I'm not the executor and have no idea who is! It was just unofficially thrust upon me when his wife whisked back to china without a word, very helpful and loving lady eh!!
Skoda Octavia - My uncle has passed away, left car, how to sell it - craig-pd130

I've just done this for my dad's Skoda Fabia, with Webuyanycar. All you need is a certified copy of the person's death certificate.

The payment will have to go to the executor (or next-of-kin).

More details here: www.gov.uk/tell-dvla-about-bereavement/selling-the...e

Skoda Octavia - My uncle has passed away, left car, how to sell it - brum

Grant of probate is required, the car is part of your uncles estate. Until probate is granted, the car belongs to his frozen estate and no one has a right to sell or even use it. Note that insurance will also have lapsed automatically, so it will be uninsured.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probate

Skoda Octavia - My uncle has passed away, left car, how to sell it - slkfanboy

DVLA has nothing to do with ownership only registered keeper. We buy any car will like any dealer will want to see proof of ownership i.e. and Invoice or letter of transfer from the solicitor etc.

Currently your not the legal owner and therefore can't sell the car in good faith.