2007 Chrysler Voyager 2.8 crd Automatic. - Automatic gearbox appears stuck in a low gear. - mazda60

Hi All,

My daughters Voyager is playing up and gets stuck in a low gear (which I think is Limp mode) on an irregular basis but is becoming more often.

I know nothing about these vehicles but went to check over all the levels (when cold) and all seemed fine at their correct levels.I then started the vehicle and went for a short run and it appeared fine.

Later the same day my daughter drove the vehicle and low and behold back to low gear only.

She has had the AA out and they report a fault code of P.1792 which refers to the Transmission control module.

She also tells me that the display to tell you which gear you are in disappears sometimes.

I have also parly investigated the problem via google and found that the transmission solenoid could be at fault.

Have any other Voyager owners had similar problems that could give any help in where to start and the route to follow to identify the issue and resolve it.

Any constructive information welcomed.

PS. Battery voltage and ignition run voltage have also been suggested should be checked out.

Thanks.