PCN - What can i do more? - SPK15

Hi all, Re PCN issue - its a fairly one, need your opnions.

Summary:

• PCN issued for car parked half on road and half on footway
  • Appealed as at the time of parking ,local traffic warden was asked and give the ok to park having called control room, noted the badge number..etc
  • No formal reply received re appeal.
  • Next PCN penalty increased to £130, in panic paid as assumed will not get far ( my mistake )
  • Later decided this was not right and wrote back with all details.
  • Got reply thanking me they have looked at all details and payment of £80!! and PCN stands as street was not footway exempt and applies 24hours 7 days a week.
  • As pcn was paid they state i have accpeted contravention so end of.

Still feeling wrong done by, got involved and chased it further and have managed to get the street assesed and got the below reply. Theya re going to send local residents the below a letter to explain the same.

As the street is narrow and limited parking for residents a temporary exemption for footway parking has been granted.....subject to drivers allowing adequate clearance for pedestrians to use the footways. Residents will be reminded that anyone not leaving adequate clearance for pedestrians can still be issues a penalty notice for obstruction.

I think the above is still not clear and is all grey and open for the council to do what they want rather than making is very clear to drivers.

No dates, no signage , no strreet markings...etc, how are drivers suppose to know?

So 2 questions i have:

1. In view of the above decision that the street was narrow and the fact that as a driver, i did ask if the parking was fine, appeal process not confirmed by council and my mistake of paying, can i still ask for pcn to be reviewed higer up the chain ?

2. Should i be satisfied by the reply as it sounds all open to opnion rather than being clear cut for drivers and residents of what they can do and what they cannot with vehicles on that street.

Thank you, your views would be appreciated.