From Cruze - To RIO first 1000 miles first impressions - oldroverboy.

Kia rio 2 1.2 5 door manual 63 reg sept 2013 £7995 parkers avg dealer price £8470 retail.

less £2400 for the cruze,

net cost £5600 warranty till 2020. WILL be kia serviced

Ved £30 saving £150 pa.

Fuel consumption about 45mpg 0n 570 mile round trip. about 10% better.

insurance renewal was £220 for cruze £165 for kia 9 yrs ncd 2 no fault zero cost claims. (informed them only)

more comfortable seats than the cruze, far clearer better instruments, radio screen clear easy to read.

So far so good.

Edited by oldroverboy. on 31/01/2015 at 16:53

From Cruze - To RIO first 1000 miles first impressions - 72 dudes

Sounds good. I rather like the look of the Rio. Neighbour has had two in row, obviously likes them, and he came from a Merc C Class.

Are you finding the 1.2 gutsy enough so far?

Being picky, I imagine you suffered a fair bit of depreciation on the Cruze?

Are you finding the 1.2 gutsy enough so far?

Being picky, I imagine you suffered a fair bit of depreciation on the Cruze?

1.2 is ok did A12 m25 m4 a48 290 miles same time as cruze used to. But the car"encourages" gentle driving.

Cruze cost 7000 in aug 2012. Just routine servicing.had lots of scratches and things and oxy sensor warninglight on, so deal acceptable. One of the reasons I took the deal was 1000 pff the sticker price and thr dealer cleared the warning light and took the car. As it was and was sending it off to auction

From Cruze - To RIO first 1000 miles first impressions - Avant

I think you've done very well, ORB: you've found the Cruze to be a good car but it isn't perceived as such in the market, and people will think, rightly or wrongly, that parts will be a problem. So it might have been worth peanuts if you'd kept it another year.

I hope the Rio gives you good service - and with 5 more years of warranty there should be no expensive surprises.

I was happy to get 2400 for the cruze.!! It did well but was 'wearing' from lots of little things.

Wanted to add but wouldn't let me edit..

'Lost' £134 a month in depreciation over 29 months of ownership.

Cost £7000 sold £2400 = £4600 divided by 29.

If I include servicing it cost me £186 a month.

Fuel costs NOT included. Whatever I drive would use fuel and as most of our journeys are 2 of us. Same for insurance. Use it or not still has to be insured and taxed. 'Public transport would cost us far more for our journey s.

No complaints really.

Youngrovergirl swmbo, in other words has driven the Rio for the first time and approves.
Another month on not many more miles, but happy with steering, pleasant drive. Mazda2 driver compared and said more room in Rio than his current car. Bluetooth easy to set up and use.
From Cruze - To RIO first 1000 miles first impressions - Avant

It seems quite appropriate for you to have a Rio, ORB - in many ways this seems a natural successor to the Rover 200 series, which was always a decent get-on-with-the-job sort of car with a bit more space and comfort than a supermini.

I had several mk2 rovers from the 1989-95 series,not so the 200/25 version after that it was 400's or 45 and then 75 or zt. When rover pulled out of Switzerland I got an end of series 25 for my ex for about £6000... That wad a cracking deal for a new car. The Rio IS actually quite spacious for me as a tall driver and I find the driving position quite good. So so pleased. 45mpg today on a long trip. Satisfactory...
From Cruze - To RIO first 1000 miles first impressions - mondeo1306

so we wont see you on the Chevvy forum then now?

Chevvychase,..........

Aussie Ed still stands by his Captive despite its EIGHT weeks in the dealers

im buying a Skoda Superb 15 plate

I had several rover 214-216 416 between 1990- 1994 then a 400 hatch and then 4 45's on the trot. They were all ok. After that had some 75/zt,s. The Rio has plenty of room for my 6'2" and now a good bit slimmer 14 stone. Again surprisingly I have to have the seat one notch forward from the rearmost position. If it has inherited the mantle of the early 1989 -1994 rover 200 it does it very well.the finish is excellent and no rattles. Electric holding mirrors a bonus. Boot space ok for the two of us. And a long trip today an acceptable 45mpg, brim to brim. So far so pleased.
Apologies I thought my first post didn,t and. No Chevy.. No more from me on the Chevrolet forum. Enjoy the superb. Been meaning to meet up with Aussie ed but a serious illness for me prevented. Soon be fit though. Ed lives not far from me..
Now 2000 miles since purchase, fuel consumption A12/M4/A48 600 mile round trip. Trip computer said 50.1mpg, brim to brim actual 47.8mpg. Average speed 58mph, so In my humble opinion very acceptable. Surprised at the among of stuff I could pack in with the rear seats down and the parcel shelf left out.
Now 3000 miles since purchase, fuel consumption A12/M4/A48 600 mile round trip. Trip computer said 50.1mpg, brim to brim actual 47.8mpg. Average speed 58mph,

Really quite happy with fuel consumption and finding comfortable too with a short break every2 hours ish..

Friend with S type and Audi TT admired room inside. and better fuel consumption than his 4,2 supercharged type R about 18mpg ...

From Cruze - To RIO first 1000 miles first impressions - slkfanboy

Well i guess anyone with a TT is impress with other cars space LOL. Nice car thu.

On the motorway my Jag 3.0L manages 40mpg @ 70 mph and is very smooth. No such a good mpg around town thu lol