any - Insuring the car - oldroverboy.

Was requested to provide proof of documents for insurance this year.

photocopies of

licences

v5 logbook

full copy of renewal premium offer from previous insurer.

Edited by oldroverboy. on 22/01/2015 at 18:48

any - Insuring the car - stivvy

Wow ! That's a first for me. Anybody else had the same request ?

any - Insuring the car - RickyBoy

Who are you with – Stasi.com?

Who are you with – Stasi.com?

No,, it,s in the new terms and conditions, and my policy has now been validated, but i was told that a few people are being caught out!

Ps got my quote via moneysupermarket. The request for the "proofs" was at the insurers page once i had chosen the quote'

By the way i,m not complaining because it is just playing them at their own game, giving correct information. Copied from the renewal offer

Edited by oldroverboy. on 28/01/2015 at 10:52

any - Insuring the car - Bromptonaut

TBH I'm not surprised that insurers are checking this stuff. If they don't it's too easy for people to beat the system. Even if they're caught out at claim time the insurer is saddled with third party costs and a lot of aggravation to recover even if the (former) insured has the assets.

My former employer, having had a 'scouts honour' system for donkey’s years, adopted a proof of licence and insurance policy around 2005. Plenty people were caught out with inadequate insurance and more than a handful with 'discrepancies' around licences - undeclared convictions etc. Two gross cases involved a 'spare' licence covering up for disqualification.

And this in a government dept whose business was law enforcement

Edited by Bromptonaut on 28/01/2015 at 19:44

Edited by oldroverboy. on 07/02/2015 at 11:50