hyundai i10 - insurance claim-incorrect details? - kzk

Hi, I need a bit of an assistance. My wife is a main driver and I am a second driver and she sorted insurance and gave all the details.

I had an accident today and when i was going through details i found out our licence under policy agreement is shown from when we got our provisional licenses not the full licenses. Everything else is correct. I am wondering if it creates any problem claiming insurance. thanks guys

hyundai i10 - insurance claim-incorrect details? - dacouch

How long have you each held a full UK Licence?

How much no claims bonus does your wife have?

Were you driving to work at the time of the accident?

hyundai i10 - insurance claim-incorrect details? - kzk

Provisional license held was earlier than that.

3 years-wife,

1 year-myself

2 years no claims bonus

No,I was coming back home picking son up from school.

Thanks

hyundai i10 - insurance claim-incorrect details? - bathtub tom

i found out our licence under policy agreement is shown from when we got our provisional licenses not the full licenses.

What was the EXACT wording on the insurance proposal when you applied for the cover?

hyundai i10 - insurance claim-incorrect details? - Dwight Van Driver

...so as Bathtub Tom states^^^^^^ because:

Road Traffic Act 1988
Section 174: (5)A person who makes a false statement or withholds any material information for the purpose of obtaining the issue—
(a)of a certificate of insurance or certificate of security under Part VI of this Act
is guilty of an offence.

Some consolation as this will be between you and your Insurance Company. I very much doubt they will refer it to the Police and thus a prosecution. May use it to reduce or negate claim???????

Always read twice and sign once documents.

dvd