SUVs galore! - brum

Every manufacturer and their dog seem to be announcing they are rushing to do an SUV, e.g. Rolls, bentley, jaguar, skoda, seat even lamborghini!

I personally find they are all starting to look alike. No doubt most will be diesel or "hybrid".

Good move or poisoning / diluting brands?

SUVs galore! - alan1302

Every manufacturer and their dog seem to be announcing they are rushing to do an SUV, e.g. Rolls, bentley, jaguar, skoda, seat even lamborghini!

I personally find they are all starting to look alike. No doubt most will be diesel or "hybrid".

Good move or poisoning / diluting brands?

If sales goes up then all good generally. They do need to make sure they make a swift exit if the market changes though.

Brands like Bentley and Lamborghini do need to watch more putting too many cars into their market though.

SUVs galore! - Sofa Spud

..... grabs sketchbook and pencil to design SUV for Morgan !!

SUVs galore! - Happy Blue!

Lamborghini produced an SUV over 30 years ago. LM002. Nothing new under the sun. Looked a bit like a Hummer but with a better engine.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamborghini_LM002

SUVs galore! - RobJP

In terms of 'designing' their 'new' SUVs ... Bentley and Lambo are owned by VAG. So the Bentley will look identical to the Cayenne/Q7, but with £50k added to the price, and a bit more plush leather. The Lambo will be the same (but probably £20k more on top again), but lowered, with uprated BHP, sports seats ...

Skoda and SEAT are owned by ... guess who ... VAG. So those are going to be almost identical to the VW Tiguan, with slightly redesigned bonnet nose / headlamps, and £5k lopped off the price.

SUVs galore! - brum

Thanks for reminding me, so thats why they all look the same, porsche, audi, bentley etc etc. ad nauseum...