ford fiesta zetec 2005 - how do i remove radio - cookie1508

i need to remove radio so that i can retreive serial no so that i can retreive key code. the radio model is 4500 RDSE any ideas as i havent got a key to remove it

ford fiesta zetec 2005 - how do i remove radio - Galaxy

You will need to obtain a set of radio removal tools. Which type you need depends upon the type of radio you have.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-Car-CD-Radio-Removal...b

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Fiesta-05-08-Car-CD-Radio-...b

These are the two different types, which are available from a large selection of suppliers.

The second type are for the removal of the later type of radio, the one which has the volume conrtol knob in the centre. The first type deal with the earlier types, which are usually completely black.

Once you have your serial number, which will be in the form of a "V" or an "M", followed by a six digit number.

If it's an "M" you can find the code yourself using:

www.pumapeople.com/decode.php

However, if it's a "V" one then you can only get these codes from a Ford Main Dealer, or there are people on Ebay who claim they can supply them for a fee.

ford fiesta zetec 2005 - how do i remove radio - Galaxy

Been doing a bit more reading.

Does your radio look like this?

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Fiesta-MK6-CD-And-Radio-Pl...6

If so, I'm afraid I've never seen one and have absolutely no idea how it would be removed from the dashboard. If this is the case then what I've written above reagarding removing the radio won't apply.

Sorry!

ford fiesta zetec 2005 - how do i remove radio - Teccy

Try pressing buttons 2&6 and your serial number should be displayed on the radio screen.