2003 Ford Fiesta 1.4 Turbo Diesel - Location of sender unit to the speedo - Rayparker
Whereabouts is the sender unit in the gearbox for the speedometer on the above vehicle, as I have an intermittent problem with it stopping and starting.

Is there any way I can test the sender unit?

2003 Ford Fiesta 1.4 Turbo Diesel - Location of sender unit to the speedo - elekie&a/c doctor

Does the car have abs braking system?

2003 Ford Fiesta 1.4 Turbo Diesel - Location of sender unit to the speedo - Rayparker
No it doesn't
2003 Ford Fiesta 1.4 Turbo Diesel - Location of sender unit to the speedo - elekie&a/c doctor

The speed sensor is down the back of the gearbox by the left hand drive shaft.It will have a 3 pin connector attached.The only really accurate way to test it is with an oscilloscope to check the output signal.

Thank you very much!
I can't find a 3 wire sensor at the back of the gearbox. I can only find a 2 wire sensor at the front of the gearbox and the colour of the wire is green and white and red and white. If I were to remove the sensor, would oil come out of the gearbox?

I am still searching to find the fault on the speedo.

The 2 wire sensor is the reverse light switch.No need to remove this.

Thanks for the information......what are the colours of the wires going to the sensor as I can't find them on the back of the gearbox.

Could be a 2 pin connector with wire colours black/orange and white blue.However wiring diagrams are not always totally accurate and may be different on your car.

Have you perhaps a drawing from a manual (Haynes) on the position of the sensor on the gearbox?

May be an idea to run the car into local garage and let them identify it for you.

I think that would be best. Thank you for all your help.