Ford Focus 1.6tdci - Ford Focus 1.6tdci oil level increasing - mah20831

The oil level in my 2009 1.6tdci focus is increasing. I have to change the oil every two weeks to save the engine!! The coolant level doesn't change and the oil isn't murky when I change it so I'm sure it's not water. I've had the injectors reconditioned and the injector seals replaced. The mechanic did a compression test and said the engine was at approx 80%. The fuel economy has dropped from 55 to 43 mpg, and the power has dropped off also. I've had the dpf replaced 4 months ago. This problem only really started after the dpf was replaced; I read somewhere that the engine could be constantly trying to regerate the dpf? Does the engine oil lubricate the fuel pump? Could there be a leaking seal on that?

Any Help/Advice greatly appreciated.

To add to this; I do an 80 mile commute three times a week, so it gets up to 2,500rpm for extended periods.

Ford Focus 1.6tdci - Ford Focus 1.6tdci oil level increasing - Railroad.
Fuel is obviously getting into the engine sump via the fuel pump or anywhere else where it possibly could be. Take the car to your garage for investigation immediately and do not use it. Serious and irreparable engine damage will result if you continue to drive it with this fault. Not only will the oil be thinned down by the fuel, but the excessively high level will cause a hydraulic lock and you'll end up with a con-rod smashing its way though the engine block.
Ford Focus 1.6tdci - Ford Focus 1.6tdci oil level increasing - Brit_in_Germany

Does this Focus need the fuel additive refill kit? If so, and your tank is empty, this could be the reason for the DPF regen happening too often.

Ford Focus 1.6tdci - Ford Focus 1.6tdci oil level increasing - xtrailman

When they changed the DPF they may have damaged one the the sensors that reads the pressure differential.

Which would cause the car to be permanetly on regen. Get the sensors checked.

Thanks for your replies; very helpful. The car is parked up now until the ford dealer can take a look. Yes this does use the eloys additive. The mechanic delayed in getting the car back to me when the dpf was replaced as he said he was having trouble clearing the fault. He was very vague when I asked him what he did to clear it, saying he had to fully prime the eloys system.....it sounds suspect to me. My only question is that if it was continually regenerating, would it not go into limp mode with the "regeneration period too long" like I got before when the dpf was blocked? Either way the ford garage should sort it, but could it just be a case of the tubes for the differential pressure senosr being the wrong way around!

Ford Focus 1.6tdci - Ford Focus 1.6tdci oil level increasing - gordonbennet

Could i suggest you go nowhere near a main dealer fit-new-parts-till-we-happen-upon-the-fault centre, you are more likely to have the fault diagnosed correctly and repaired economically if you find (preferably by recommendation) a professional Diesel workshops.

If you don't know of one in your locality ask around mini cab owners where they take their cars, they usually know where to go.

Ford Focus 1.6tdci - Ford Focus 1.6tdci oil level increasing - Wackyracer

These can be a real problem to get fixed, It's the Ford DLD engine which is a Peugeot engine and tend to suffer terrribly from problems in the Focus.

My sister had one and after it spent loads of time in a garage she got rid of it (traded in), Some months later she got a visit from it's new owner who had also spent a fortune on it and was still having problems with it.

Update on this; the fault code P2458-61 ("dpf regeneration duration") is stuck in the engine PCM! The engine repeatedly tries to regenerate the dpf (hence the increasing oil level - diesel contamination from the regeneration cycle). All the sensors have been checked. The eloys liquid level was checked and that’s fine. The dpf has been replaced and the sensor voltage checked; all good. Ford dealer uninstalled and reinstalled the PCM but to no avail, this fault is ever present.

It doesn't show as an engine malfunction alarm on the dash, but I can see this when using the Forscan tool. I monitored the cycle on Forscan while driving, and could see the exhaust temperature reach 550degC, "distance since last regen" increases for approx 10 minutes, but then the cycle resets itself and starts over again. Going by the dpf sensor pressure it doesn't even need regeneration.

Beginning to think the PCM itself is faulty, or something simple like faulty glow plugs/glow plug relay..but there are no other fault codes showing.

Any advice on this would be appreciated.