Ford Fiesta 2003 1.4 turbo diesel - Where is the Oil filter on a Ford Fiesta 2003 1.4 - Rayparker
Please can somebody help me. I need to know where the oil filter is placed on the Ford Fiesta 2003 model 1.4 turbo diesel. I cannot seem to find a manual online or in the library.

Thank you so much. I appreciate any help.

Ray
Ford Fiesta 2003 1.4 turbo diesel - Where is the Oil filter on a Ford Fiesta 2003 1.4 - skidpan

Should be easy to find. Simply look for it.

Ford Fiesta 2003 1.4 turbo diesel - Where is the Oil filter on a Ford Fiesta 2003 1.4 - Rayparker
I have tried looking for it. It might look part of the engine, that's all. Is it at the front or at the back of the engine and what tools does one need to remove it.

I just need a location as to whereabouts it might be placed.

Many thanks

Ford Fiesta 2003 1.4 turbo diesel - Where is the Oil filter on a Ford Fiesta 2003 1.4 - skidpan
I have tried looking for it. It might look part of the engine, that's all.

It won't be part of the engine. It will simply screw on or if its a cassette type be inside a round housing.

Ford Fiesta 2003 1.4 turbo diesel - Where is the Oil filter on a Ford Fiesta 2003 1.4 - elekie&a/c doctor

It is a paper element insert.Look for a large plastic lid with a large hex nut integrated into the top .Could be around 32mm.

Ford Fiesta 2003 1.4 turbo diesel - Where is the Oil filter on a Ford Fiesta 2003 1.4 - The-Mechanic

Look at the picture in this link

3.bp.blogspot.com/_xhLwvqyE7os/S96TmV-5rcI/AAAAAAA...g

The filter cap is the black plastic dome shaped item that is just below the corrugated hose on the right hand side of the engine and it has a 24mm hex on top.

You'll have to remove the air hose to gain access when the engine is in with.

Good luck as it's still a tight squeeze with the hose removed.

Ford Fiesta 2003 1.4 turbo diesel - Where is the Oil filter on a Ford Fiesta 2003 1.4 - MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom

And because it's just the paper element that has to be changed, it's much cheaper than for some cars!

May I be permitted to stick my nose in with a correction to the hexagon size? Like many fittings on this engine, it seems to have been chosen so that you can work on it whether you've got an Imperial or a Metric tool set. The socket which fits the oil filter housing is 1 1/16" AF (an inch-and-one-sixteenth) if you've got an old Imperial socket set like I have (that socket used to fit something on the Mini, because I had it marked, but I can't remember what it now. Was it the steering wheel boss?) or a 27mm socket if you're younger than me (because 27mm is exactly an inch-and-one-sixteenth!).

The oil drain plug can be removed with a spark plug socket for 14mm spark plugs (my old one is marked 7/16" Whitworth) and you're obviously going to have a spark plug socket whether you're on Metric or Imperial, so that looks like a well thought out design.

When replacing the housing, smear a bit of oil on the rubber sealing ring first, so that it turns into the housing without damage.

Edited by MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom on 12/11/2014 at 09:55

Thank you very much for the above messages and help.

I appreciate it very much!

Ray.

Edited by Rayparker on 11/11/2014 at 21:26