Fiat Punto SX - biglyn
My car's running fine and then on occasions loses revs and begins to kangaroo and the fuel injection system malfunction light comes on. Sometimes flooring the accelerator makes it stop, sometimes I have to switch the engine off for a few minutes, but it only ever happens once in a journey and often days pass before it happens again - any suggestions? thanks*
Fiat Punto SX - Billy Whizz
Once it has happened there may be a fault stored in the ecu. Take it round to your local friendly Fiat dealer for a check WITHOUT turning off the engine. Sometimes some faults are cleared from the ECU by turning off the engine.

If your car is running fine then it should be a fairly straightforward and simple fix. It seems to be an intermittant problem, perhaps just one of the several EFI sensors starting to fail.

What is your MPG like by the way? Has it dropped off noticably simce this problem first started?

Billy
Fiat Punto SX - Chad.R
Biglyn,

Similar thing happened to my Wife's Punto ('95 75 SX) about 18 months ago - turned out to be a faulty with the Lambda sensor/probe and was fixed by the dealer without too much hassle. Cost about £125 IIRC.

Chad.R
Fiat Punto SX - bcz

Many thanks I've been having similar problems and I now know what it could be

SXe