Ford S-Max - Do all 2.0 TDCi S-Max's have a DPF - Ian D

In the market for a 2006-2008 S-Max 2.0 TDCi, my mileage/journeys justifies a diesel and I know the Ford DPFs are no too troublesome, but I would still prefer to avoid a DPF car if the choice is there, anyone have any definitive idea of which ones do/don't?

Ford S-Max - Do all 2.0 TDCi S-Max's have a DPF - skidpan

Back in early 2009 we looked at replacing our C-Max with an S-Max. After considerable research we concluded that all 2.0 TDCI's had DPF's. But 1.8 TDCi's did not have DPF's fitted so we tested one and was surprised how well it drove. It was much quicker than our 1.6 TDCi C-Max and despite the engine originating in the 80's it was very refined. Very nearly bought it but wife was put "at risk" at work and we called it off.

Ford S-Max - Do all 2.0 TDCi S-Max's have a DPF - elekie&a/c doctor
Agreed,the 2.0 is the Ford/psa engine and will have a dpf.
Ford S-Max - Do all 2.0 TDCi S-Max's have a DPF - Avant

If your mileage (presumably 15,000+ per annum) and type of journey justify a diesel, you should have no worries about the DPF. It's only a problem with constant short trips in town.

Ford S-Max - Do all 2.0 TDCi S-Max's have a DPF - Simon Bx123

There seems to be plenty of miss information on this!

I have a 59 Plate 2.0 TDCi Titanium S-Max this does not have a DPF fitted and Ford have confirmed that it left the factory with out one.

Check the VIN Plate on the drivers door if it has 1.51 in the emssions box in the bottomr corner it doesnt have a DPF

Ford S-Max - Do all 2.0 TDCi S-Max's have a DPF - LJW61

Is this definitely the case? Mine has 1.51 on the plate and I'm hoping I do not have a DPF installed.

Ford S-Max - Do all 2.0 TDCi S-Max's have a DPF - Westbury33

If you are able, a visual check under the car will confirm.

If you refer to the excellent Mr Exhaust, he has a diagram for both the DPF and non-DPF versions so you know what you are looking for!

www.mrexhaust.co.uk/exhausts/ford/smax/