Vauxhall Corsa C - central locking and immobiliser - bootzey

Hi all,

I have a corsa comfort that I don't have a working keyfob for.

I've brought a scrap sxi of the same year and engine size but without aircon for the engine, gearbox, exhaust and a few other bits.

The SXI has 2 working keys. So to save myself a few hundred quid I'm looking at swopping things over to get 2 working keys. It's my daughters car and she would like the pretty white instrument cluster too...her words not mine!

If I keep the ecu on the engine from the sxi, swop the immobiliser circuit boards and the instrument cluster. Is all I need after that the body control module please? If so where is it?

Cheers.

Dave

Vauxhall Corsa C - central locking and immobiliser - elekie&a/c doctor
Not so simple.The immobiliser system works through the engine ecu,dash pod,immobiliser control around the steering lock,and the body module ,located in the electric box,behind the battery.You may find that the engine ecu has a different programme installed which could mean the ac will not work.Also make sure the dash pod has the same connector plug.Would it not be cheaper to get new keys?

Thanks for the reply.

The instrument panel fits and works but stops the existing engine from starting, so should be OK if I fit the sxi ecu.

I have had to remove the air con as it's knackered. However, when I stated the sxi engine with the Comfort's ecu attached it fired then stopped every time and has given me a fault code for the air con. Seems rather stupid to have a failed air con stopping a car from being driven.

So now it looks like I'll have to fit the sxi ecu to the engine anyway as there's noway I'm paying to have something that's a complete waste of time like air con.

So it looks like I'll have to do it anyway and the bonus is ill have 2 working keys.

As for just getting new keys...i've heard that these are roughly £180 which is a complete rip off disguised as programing.

Just wondering if there's anything else I need to swop over. I'll probably use the whole box that's next to the battery them compare fuses/relays n see what happens.

Cheers

Success! Swopped the immobiliser (easy), chip in key fob, key buttons, BCM relay, instrument unit and ecu. So have saved £160+/key. No programming needed. The only thing is the car has gained 24k miles instantly. Cheers