Option packs - Trilogy

A friend is planning to buy another Volvo. There are option 'packs', but don't appear to be individual options like there was at one time. This imposition would put me off buying a car. Is this the norm across all manufacturers?

Option packs - Bromptonaut

A friend is planning to buy another Volvo. There are option 'packs', but don't appear to be individual options like there was at one time. This imposition would put me off buying a car. Is this the norm across all manufacturers?

I'd say yes. Certainly case for some options on the Berlingo we bought last year.

Incidentally, I'm not sure it's a new practice. Seem to remeber Fords coming with packs forty years ago when my Dad was looking at a company Granada.

I'd say yes. Certainly case for some options on the Berlingo we bought last year.

Incidentally, I'm not sure it's a new practice. Seem to remeber Fords coming with packs forty years ago when my Dad was looking at a company Granada.

Aplogies for duplicate post. First attempt appeard to have failed to load but back button allowed me to try again.

Option packs - Auristocrat

Didn't Ford introduce the concept of option packs into the UK with the Capri Mk 1 of 1969 onwards.

Option packs - skidpan

When I bought my Seat there were quite a few packs as well as a huge number of individual options. Bought none.

When the wife bought her Kia the only option was metallic paint.

When I bought my BMW there was again a number of packs and a huge list of individual options. Bought a pack because by incredible luck it contained the exact options I wanted. £350 for the pack, £800 indiviually.

When the wife bought the Mini Cooper she was possibly the only customer who bought only 2 options, air con and metallic paint.

Option packs - RickyBoy

I added the following inividually-priced 'external' options on my recently purchased A3 Sportback SE:
17" alloys (upgraded from standard 16's as I thought they were dull on the eye);
Aluminium roof-rails;
High-gloss (aluminium) window trims.

I added the following individually-priced 'internal' options:
Climate-Control (over standard air-con);
Sat-Nav.

Various 'Option Packages' were available/listed in the brochure:
Comfort;
Xenon-light;
LED light;
Technology;
Technolgy with mobile-phone prep, etc., etc.

I negotiated really quite hard to get the OTR price of the vehicle down by 10% so in effect got all of the aforementioned for nowt!

So, in answer to the original question – Audi offer a bit of both I guess?

Option packs - RickyBoy

... oh, and metallic paint too ...