Vauxhall Corsa 1999 - Ticking noise from drivers headlight - jimbojetset

Hi, my headlight was cracked so I brought one from Ebay. I fitted it but when I turn on the headlight there is a ticking noise. I tried the old headlight and there is no noise. It seems to be coming from the bottom connection, there is the connection and next to it a round part that can be turned. I have tried turning this to see if it makes a differance but it doesnt. The headlights work OK, just it has this load ticking noise that will get on my nerves. Can this be fixed by dismatling the part, if so any comments on how to do this? Thanks Jim

Vauxhall Corsa 1999 - Ticking noise from drivers headlight - mss1tw

Does the light flicker? It sounds like either arcing from a loose connection, something expanding with the heat, or (Really clutching at straws) a light level/height adjusting servo motor that has a broken mechanism but still tries to work.

Edited by mss1tw on 03/10/2014 at 12:23

Vauxhall Corsa 1999 - Ticking noise from drivers headlight - elekie&a/c doctor

The noise is probably the automatic level adjuster motor.Best thing to do is disconnect it and adjust the headlight to correct beam set on the manual adjust screws.

The noise is probably the automatic level adjuster motor.Best thing to do is disconnect it and adjust the headlight to correct beam set on the manual adjust screws.

I can't believe I got that!

Vauxhall Corsa 1999 - Ticking noise from drivers headlight - Wackyracer

I can't believe I got that!

Your getting good! Soon you'll be able to fix your berlingo :P

Your getting good! Soon you'll be able to fix your berlingo :P

:-D stranger things have happened!