Irish road toll (M50, Dublin) demands - Black Lab

In July this year I visited Ireland in my u k reg audi. Today I have received a demand for an unpaid toll fee x2 totalling £5.16 plus STR penalties of £5.00. Total £10.16. From a company called EPC plc. I passed through no toll booths without paying. Is this a scam?

Irish road toll (M50, Dublin) demands - Bromptonaut

Looks as though M50 has barrier free tolling:

www.nra.ie/tolling-information/toll-charges/m50-ba.../

Presumably this is similar to the system used for London's Congestion Charge and that due to be inaugurated for the Dartford Crossings.

I'd suggest probably not a scam and that your troubles may multiply if you ignore - particularly if you intend visiting Ireland again. £10 now looks like a bargain.

Irish road toll (M50, Dublin) demands - Black Lab

many thanks

Irish road toll (M50, Dublin) demands - Dwight Van Driver

The currency of Eire is the Euro and not pounds sterling ???????

dvd

Irish road toll (M50, Dublin) demands - Bromptonaut

The currency of Eire is the Euro and not pounds sterling ???????

dvd

I assume the OP has been connected by the UK collections arm of the Irish Roads Authority and that they're quoting in sterling. Web page liked above quotes a toll of E3.30 and OP has been stung for two uses so E3.60.

OP admits that he's used the M50 so it it's a scam it's not one generated at random.

The figure quoted in £ is a close approximation to E6.60 at current rate of a little over E1.25 to £.

Irish road toll (M50, Dublin) demands - Alby Back
You can pay those tolls online or if you're headed for the ferry at Dublin port you can just pay cash at the petrol station there. It's a bit confusing as there is no toll barrier but there are overhead gantry signs telling you you are passing through a toll point. Easy enough to miss though if you're not expecting it.