dipstick oil leak - Alan
I have oil leaking (spitting )out of the dipstick hole. Could it be a blocked crankcase breather and if so how easy is it to fix. The engine is a pug 1.3 pushrod engine in a 309 which has no other symtems and goes well.
dipstick oil leak - RichardW
It could be a blocked breather. Just take off any pipe that looks like a breather hose (connected to the filler cap, usually one or two running up to air filter. Clean them out by whatever means (rag and cane?) if you find a piece of wire mesh and this is clogged either clean it in petrol or bin it. Refir all the cleaned hoses and see what happens.

However, this could be a sign that you have one or more failed piston rings that are causing significant blowby. You will need a compression test to prove this. If this proves to be the case then the engine will need to be rebuilt.

Richard
dipstick oil leak - Alan
A breather hose goes from the rocker cover via a green plastic bodied filter to the air inlet between the filter and the carb.
The filter was clogged so it's now been cleaned together with the hoses.
Thats the only breather hose I could see; wasthat it? I was expecting to see a crankcase breather coming from the crankcase.
dipstick oil leak - greaser pv
You'll probably find that there is also a smaller pipe that goes to the base of the carburettor take this pipe off and remove the metal part that screws in ( it's a 10 or 11mm )this will be blocked too . In cleaning out this and all the breathers you'll find that the carb. will need adjustment via the mixture and idle screw
dipstick oil leak - Alan
Sorted; if only everything in life was so easy.