Almondo Car Centre (Waltham Cross) - Any one used? - Surrey_Scientist

Hi

Ive seen a car at Almondo Car Centre in Waltham Cross, but cant find any reviews good or bad on the internet, wondered if anyone had any experience or heard anything about them

Address given is

2b Stirling Business Park
Waltham Cross
London
EN8 7NY

Unfirtunately I cannot see anything on Google Streetview either so cannot even eyeball from afar to size up the place. Appears to be in an industrial Estate.

Car I have seen is accord Estate, Auto, looks nice in photos, priceis reasonable for mileage. Most of these seem to be selling really quick but this has been there for ages (I wonder why....?)

I am the wrong side of London so dont particualrly want to travel if its a dud underneath, like another I went to see, although theres none of these in this spec (which is what i want) my side of London :-(

Almondo Car Centre (Waltham Cross) - Any one used? - Armitage Shanks {p}

Two very unfavourable reviews here www.whatsmycarworth.co.uk/dealer/almondo-car-centr...l

Finances look iffy too companycheck.co.uk/company/08204895

Edited by Armitage Shanks {p} on 23/09/2014 at 08:07

Almondo Car Centre (Waltham Cross) - Any one used? - elekie&a/c doctor

This industrial estate is made up of some very large companies and also a warren of small garage/workshop repair units, a lot of which are engaged in repairing damaged cars.(either write offs or damaged/repairable).My suggestion would be to steer clear.

Almondo Car Centre response from the director…. - almondo car centre

To all reading the above reviews, my name is Ray and i am the director of Almondo car centre i am currently dissapointed in reading these reviews today so i felt it is right to reply in my words.These reviews have been written by people who have NOT actually bought a car from us but are judging my business by neighbouring businesses in the same industrial estate.We are situated on an industrial estate and as we internet based being on estate works rather than being in high street showroom.YES there is a large car body spray shop next door to us and also a mechanical work shop which have no relation to my business what so ever.Please note both bad reviews have said the cars they viewed looked good and were good value so why the bad review?I ve worked hard in building up my business and it not fair that people make asumptions when they have bought nothing!

We work with main dealers buying stock ,we offer finance,we accept debit and credit card and all of our cars are HPI checked and come with warranty.

Dodgey car dealers only accept cash and only advertise with a mobile number and that s not us!

With regards to the honda accord it was advertised for a while at a higher price and the fact it was green was probably the reason it stuck around for a bit. It had full honda service history and i purchased it direct from a honda main dealer as it came in as one of their part exchanges.It was a great car and got sold with 12 months mot as do most of our cars.

Thank you for reading this, rather than listening to other peoples thoughts please come and visit us yourselves and form your own opinion.

kind regards Ray.

director of almondo car centre.

Almondo Car Centre response from the director…. - oldroverboy.

To all reading the above reviews, my name is Ray and i am the director of Almondo car centre.

1. Nice bit of free advertising? or

2: Right to reply.

If 2 would dearly love to see our fast fit service centres and main dealers reply, but then again we can't name and shame them can we?

Almondo Car Centre response from the director…. - scot22

I would incline to calling it right to reply.

However, I am curious as to how Almondo became aware of the review.

If it is all genuine then credit for the reply. I have heard of malicious reviews, and people threatening them, in order to receive perferential service.

I think it a shame if views cannot be shared over the internet. Providing it is factual and courteous I believe in communication.

Almondo Car Centre response from the director…. - almondo car centre

Hi scot22 i came across the review by a customer pointing it out to me so i felt the need to defend my corner.Had i' d actutally done something wrong i would understand but some people read these reviews and judge your business from them. On other websites people have written excellent reviews which make me proud.I ve built up a business over the last 5 years through being honest as i can and working hard it s just not nice hearing negative opions especially from people who have not purchased or dealt with me.

Almondo Car Centre response from the director…. - Avant

As moderator I'm quite happy to accept that this is 'right of reply'.

We all need to bear in mind that something like 90% of businesses in the UK are owner-managed, and as customers we have to be careful to 'play fair' and give a business bad publicity only when it's deserved. Hence our 'naming and shaming'policy (which in fairness hasn't been breached on this thread).

BUT businesses also need to think what's going through the mind of the customer. For most private buyers a car is the second most expensive thing they buy, after their house - and rightly or wrongly first impressions do count. I've every reason to believe, Ray, that your cars are sound and well-prepared for sale: but the selling environment does need to look good and professional. Of course I haven't seen yours and wouldn't comment on it - although the second reviewer above might feel disappointed that it didn't look any better since the first review early in 2013.

Almondo Car Centre response from the director…. - scot22

Thanks Almondo for your response. I know a number of small businesses and fully appreciate what you have said.

Avant - Fair and impartial moderating : Five stars

Almondo Car Centre response from the director…. - Rachel22

Well I am interested in a car that Almondo Motors are selling. Hopefully tomorrow, so Iwill check back and let you all know and for all others who are looking for reviews.

Had the owner of the business not defended his business I may well have stayed clear and looked else where. I bought a car for my son last year from a backstreet car dealership in Uxbridge. They had some bad reviews. But I liked the car and decided to make my own mind up. The car is great. No problems to date.

I'm all up for supporting small businesses :-)

Almondo Car Centre response from the director…. - RobJP

I'm always slightly wary with 'poor' customer reviews online, and very aware that some people want to pay 'heavily-used-fiesta' money, and expect something completely unrelated to that price paid.

I also know that 99% of satisfied customers will not leave a review on one of these review sites. Be honest, if/when you've bought a car - and if it's all working fine - do YOU leave reviews ? I certainly don't. After all, I bought a car, it works (as expected), so what is there to say !

So the occasional poor review is, to me, just background 'noise'. Sell enough used cars, and sooner or later you'll get one of those 'gripers' through the door, or you'll sell a lemon. Sod's law states that you'll sell the lemon to the griper !

If there are a lot of poor reviews, then it's another matter, of course ...

Almondo Car Centre response from the director…. - Shara2117

WARNING: Don't waste your time and energy. My experience was of extremely poor customer service, unprofessional conduct, and disorganized. I phoned and booked an appointment to view and test drive a Honda Jazz with Loretta for the following day. I informed her of the times I would be arriving and she took down my name and mobile number.

I made a long journey to get there the following day at the agreed time and spent a fair amount on travel as my current car is off the road plus I was so positive about my car of choice and the car dealer, that is until I met Ray, Loretta's son. He informed me that the car had already been sold, fair enough, someone had got there before me, however they did not even have the common courtesy to call me and let me know the car had gone, after all what was the point in taking down my name and number???

Ray offered to sell me another Honda Jazz at the same price, my spirits lifted as I'd already transferred the money into my Current Account certain I was buying the Honda that day on a debit card. However the mileage was 20,000 higher than my first choice Honda which was 70,000. I said the mileage was too high for me so I wasn't interested.

Instead of respecting my choice and perhaps showing me some other buying options with my preferred mileage, Ray agressively said, "Why not?, its only 20,000 miles more", then condescendingly, "You obviously don't know anything about Honda's". (me being a silly little woman of course). I very calmly told Ray that I'd made a long journey, had just come from work, spent lots of money to get there and that, "I didn't want to be spoken to in a disrespectful manner", but instead of honouring my 'little woman' wishes he began to argue aggressively with me.

(Edit: welcome to the forum, but I've had to delete some of this as we have to be careful on a public forum not to be defamatory.)

Edited by Avant on 17/10/2015 at 22:40

Almondo Car Centre response from the director…. - Oktay
Hi every one I have bough a second hand car from Almondo cars,it's been over 3 months now and I'm very happy with the service I received and I love the car. Rey was very helpful although the car was over 10 years old he done 3 months dealers warranty and if I needed to buy another car Almondo cars will defenitly be my first choice. I'm not saying these to please or upset anyone I'm just very happy with my experience here.
Almondo Car Centre response from the director…. - daveyK_UK

spam?

Almondo Car Centre response from the director…. - Avant

Not sure, but time to close this thread I think.