Mercedes-Benz C-Class 2014 - AirMatic Suspension availability? - AirMatic

Hi HJ,

I ordered a new 2014 C-Class Merc in June for September delivery. The spec included the much-touted AirMatic suspension - the first time this S-class feature was to be fitted to smaller Mercs. However, the dealer tells me the factory cannot source the parts, so I have to drop the feature or delay the delivery. The same problem affects the 360 degree camera system.

Have anyone else had these problems? Is there anything I can do to apply pressure?

Thanks,

Frank

Mercedes-Benz C-Class 2014 - AirMatic Suspension availability? - RobJP

If the factory say it is not available, then you have no pressure that can be brought to bear.

Apart from cancelling your order, of course. But bearing in mind the volume of their business which comes from China, etc these days, I daresay they'd just shrug their shoulders at MB HQ.

Mercedes-Benz C-Class 2014 - AirMatic Suspension availability? - AirMatic

Thank RobJP.

The latest pricelist now shows both options as available only from 1Q 2015 - a real shame.

What is concerning is how many of the reviews of this new model praised the AirMatic suspension, while MB boasted how this was the first time such a feature had been available outside their top-end models.

Disappointed :-(