When is the MOT due? - No Do$h
My V5 has turned up!

Now one small problem is when is it due the first MOT? The date of first registration is recorded as 01/12/2002 (the date of first registration in the UK) but there is a note at the top of the V5 noting that the car was first used/registered/built in 2000 (it's an Eire import), but no specific date.

Now this could mean I have to MOT immediately, assuming first date of use as 01/01/2000
OR
I can leave it until 31/12/2000
OR
I can leave it until 01/12/2005

Help?
When is the MOT due? - frostbite
You will get the answer when your VEL renewal doc arrives - but I'm sure you won't have to wait until then!
When is the MOT due? - Dwight Van Driver
Section 47 Road Traffic Act 1988
3 years from date of first registration.
But if a vehicle is used on a road in Great Britain or elswhere without being regisistered then a test certificate has to be obtained from three years from date of manufacture.

So if Growler waere to bring in his to GB then it would need one immediately (assuming of course it is over 3 years of age)

As Forstbite says it should be shown on the VEL renewal adviser if you have to produce one.

DVD
When is the MOT due? - Dave N
I have a bike that was imported from Belgium. When I asked the same question as no manufacturing date wa available, only 'first used in 1998, they took it to need an MOT at 3 years from the end of the first year used.
When is the MOT due? - No Do$h
Lovely. Thanks folks. Should have a VEL reminder in May. If that doesn't require one then I shall leave it until December as per Dave N's 'bike.

Ta!