Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Evoque used prices - confusedbuyer

At what point in the current lifecycle will prices start to give? It's now 3 years old but prices are still 80-85% of full price! Will they only start to come down when it is replaced? Most ed4's are still £25k+ and its only £30k new - is there still a waiting list inflating used prices?

Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Evoque used prices - RT

It comes down to supply and demand - lots of people want them new and lots of people want them secondhand - the exact recipe for high prices.

Every car maker round the world wishes they had successes like that.

Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Evoque used prices - confusedbuyer

Ok - so if I took the plunge, it would retain its value across the next 5 years?

Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Evoque used prices - mss1tw

Ok - so if I took the plunge, it would retain its value across the next 5 years?

From the moment you buy its ' value' will be whatever anyone will pay for it!

(Anyone who can answer your question properly though, is kindly requested to give me this weeks lottery numbers so I can get that '65 Mustang GT500 I've always wanted...)

Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Evoque used prices - alan1302

No, of course it woldn't. Every car depreciates. Just some more than others.

Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Evoque used prices - RobJP

HJ has regularly, overthe past 2-3 years, posted up details of brokers offering discounts on new Evoques, usually in the region of 8-12%.

I was a passenger in one the other week (5 door version, sitting in the back). Surprisingly spacious, considering the exterior looks. Nice, comfortable.

But they are not without their faults. Lots of transmission niggles, limp-home modes with gearboxes, brakes,etc. on JLR products these days, it seems. Fine within manufacturers warranty period, but I'm not sure I'd want to own one outside of that.

Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Evoque used prices - pinkpanther_75

Unlikely I'd expect - my first Yeti returned 90% of it's list price when traded in at 1 year / 10K miles - this was I suspect a function of the waiting list in 2009 (~6 months).

My second one returned just 65% of it's list price @ 2 years / 40K miles - a far more common car in 2014 and waiting lists less of an issue.

Edited by Seant on 25/08/2014 at 22:28

Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Evoque used prices - xtrailman

LR products do tend to hold onto their value, why i have no idea, a maker with such poor reliability will never be on my shopping list.

If buying new go for the 9 speed ZF, the 6 speed was noted for only returning low 30's mpg.

Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Evoque used prices - RT

LR products do tend to hold onto their value, why i have no idea, a maker with such poor reliability will never be on my shopping list.

If buying new go for the 9 speed ZF, the 6 speed was noted for only returning low 30's mpg.

Is LR's reliability a constant - or does their reputation relate to older models?

If you're selective on timescale I can't think of a single brand around the world that's never produced a few years of basket cases.