De Dion Bouton - Speedwatch - Citizens on Patrol - Ethan Edwards

Was speed gunned by Essex' Civillian Speedwatch last night in Stock B1007.

30 Zone...I'm doing 30 on Cruise in EV mode in my Hybrid so I was OK as were the indignant people behind me...your welcome.!

However I do know that Police are supposedly not permitted to Gun every vehicle only those they have a 'reasonable suspicion' of exceeeding the posted limit. These clowns last night were gunning every single vehicle.

Legal?

Sadly unlike 'Police Academy XXIV- "Citizens on Patrol" ' this lot were not that amusing.

De Dion Bouton - Speedwatch - Citizens on Patrol - RT

Just because the "gun" is pointing at every vehicle, it doesn't mean it's active - takes to long to raise the "gun" up and aim if they wait for the suspecion.

But the reality is that only those who commit an offence have anything to worry about.

De Dion Bouton - Speedwatch - Citizens on Patrol - Ethan Edwards

Kind of off the point. Lets say I and every other vehicle had a detector registering a radar signal. Is that legal?

De Dion Bouton - Speedwatch - Citizens on Patrol - focussed

Kind of off the point. Lets say I and every other vehicle had a detector registering a radar signal. Is that legal?

Perfectly legal in the UK to use a radar and laser detector. What is not legal is a laser jammer which interferes with the laser signal for a short period to give the driver time to slow down.

It sounds as if the speedwatch clowns have been given old radar guns to play with, the real police don't use radar guns any more, they pick up anything in the neighbourhood, such as cars driving the other direction away from the gun, flying birds, vibrating telephone wires, and nowadays also the green dreamer's windmills!

De Dion Bouton - Speedwatch - Citizens on Patrol - Sofa Spud

So where does the De Dion Bouton come into this?