Older diesels/petrols pay extra Congestion Charge - Surrey_Scientist

Are there any firm details about this plan ?

www.standard.co.uk/news/transport/boris-johnson-pl...l

I have seen elsewhere diesels will need tobe Euro 6 (most arent currently ?) but is the petrol-penalty any more specific than "pre2006" ?? Someone said possibly need to be Euro 4 ?

I am currently looking to buy another car, cant afford anything particualrly new, snd so want to know what to get.... I will probably have to keep it for a long time and dont want o get stuffed havng to shell out for something again in afew years.

I will be buying petrol - where do I find the data on what Euro emission standard a particualr car meets - I am prob looking at buying a 2003- on petrol vehicle.

Older diesels/petrols pay extra Congestion Charge - gordonbennet

The article says they plan it to be in place by 2020.

I wouldn't worry about it, Boris might not be there then, he might be leader of the opposition possibly, either way its a long time off yet and anything can happen.

Look how many people bought Diesels when urged and bribed with some free or nearly free VED, only for the goal posts to threaten shifting.

Older diesels/petrols pay extra Congestion Charge - Bolt

Boris said on the news he intends doing both jobs,he cant do one job properly let alone two,

All this talk of emissions particulates, what about brake dust, tyre dust, and road/sewer dust after all,they are all particulates harmfull to our health!

nothing mentioned about that

Older diesels/petrols pay extra Congestion Charge - Armitage Shanks {p}

So where will this extra £10 per diesel be spent? Reducing pollution in some unspecfied way? Beer and pies for the mayor's lunch? Sounds like a way of raining money and nothing more

Older diesels/petrols pay extra Congestion Charge - Armitage Shanks {p}

RaiSing!