Electric vehicles survey - Buzz13

Hi,

I am a student at De Montfort University and I am conducting a survey to research attitudes towards Electric Vehicle car use and ownership in the UK.

I would be grateful if you can assist me by completing the online survey. It takes around 10 minutes to complete and I hope you will find it interesting. It is completely confidential and the data will only be used as part of my MSc dissertation research.

Click the link below or copy and paste into a browser and it will go to the Google Forms survey start page.

goo.gl/wC5Epr

Your responses will be much appreciated.

Electric vehicles survey - RobJP

Completed the survey - though its usefulness is heavily limited by the leading questions asked, which seem designed to elicit particular responses.

Electric vehicles survey - Dabooka

Also completed, but agree about the style fo question I'm sorry to say.

Also, your wording is odd; how is "Charge at home - convenience" apt? Is charging at home veer going to be a convenience with EVs?

I also feel you missed a trick by asking about cars in the household and then gearing all questions to #1, which in my case (and I'd guess most others) is the 'long hauler' and unsuited to EVs. Now #2 is the small runaround ideally suited to the range of one. Just saying, if it's early doors through your survey you could alter the pharsing slightly to be reflective. Otherwise I fear your results will be skewered.

Mind, not that you'll come back to the forum to read these comments from the board, few ever do....

Electric vehicles survey - Wackyracer

Q10.. It does not have a suitable answer for me! How about this for an answer ........ "High - I know enough to know an EV would not suit my usage pattern" ?

The more I'm reading the worse it is getting, All geared to getting you to give the answer they want you to give.

Not completed it for this reason.

Edited by Wackyracer on 04/08/2014 at 11:33

Electric vehicles survey - madf

Not completed..

Such obvious bias that the originators must be stupid or naive or both.

Electric vehicles survey - Sofa Spud

I did the survey and I thought it was quite good. The problem I had is that it didn't give a chance to differentiate between those who who can't currently afford to buy an electric car and those who are not interested in buying one.

In a few years time, for instance, a pair VW Golf Mk 7's might suit our needs, when they've worked their way down the secondhand scale. One might be a TDI diesel, the other an e-Golf battery electric.

I did the survey and I thought it was quite good. The problem I had is that it didn't give a chance to differentiate between those who who can't currently afford to buy an electric car and those who are not interested in buying one.

Well that's kind of my point, it seems to have the approach that surely everyone WANTS to buy an EV and attempts to offer reasons why not. I've said on here a few years ago about how the Leaf (or equivalent, but the posts were addressing the Leaf) would be perfect for us but not at £20k!

And as for the quesitons regarding a four year break even point, that rubbish. Most EV useage by design has to be short, maybe frequent journeys, and I think the figures were based on 10,000 miles / yr (forgive me if I got the exact figure wrong).

Nope for me it was severely flawed in a few facets, but completed it anyway.

Electric vehicles survey - Wackyracer

I had to smile yesterday when I saw the electric vehicle recharging points at Winchester services, If Only I could have got that far in an electric vehicle before it would need a recharge!

I think the person who wrote this survey could have done it with just one question with 2 choices of answer.

Question - Do I think electric vehicles are great?

Answer A - Yes.

Answer b - Yes.

I had to smile yesterday when I saw the electric vehicle recharging points at Winchester services, If Only I could have got that far in an electric vehicle before it would need a recharge!

I think the person who wrote this survey could have done it with just one question with 2 choices of answer.

Question - Do I think electric vehicles are great?

Answer A - Yes.

Answer b - Yes.

And you'd get a Parking Eye invoice in the post for overstaying!

Electric vehicles survey - Buzz13

Thanks for the constructive comment. An EV is certainly more suited to replace a runaround car so I'm going to reword the question to make people consider their #2 vehicle usage.

The charge at home convenience is not having to visit petrol stations to fill up with fuel. Some peeps may consider that a plus.

Electric vehicles survey - Avant

I thought the survey was a bit too long: I lost the will to live halfway through, but felt that as moderator I ought to finish it.

Also your research is only going to be partial if you don't also consider hybrids. Many people who wouldn't consider an EV (usually through range limitations or difficulty in charging if you have to park in the street, as most urban drivers do) might think about a hybrid.

Electric vehicles survey - alan1302

I thought the survey was a bit too long: I lost the will to live halfway through, but felt that as moderator I ought to finish it.

Also your research is only going to be partial if you don't also consider hybrids. Many people who wouldn't consider an EV (usually through range limitations or difficulty in charging if you have to park in the street, as most urban drivers do) might think about a hybrid.

I would consider a Hybrid but not an EV as I do too many trips a month that an EV would not be suitable for.

Electric vehicles survey - Hamsafar

I gave up at 45% as I was struggling to put across my opinions via these questions and answers. There was also evidence of poor spelling such as your instead of you're, and poorly thought out questions such as : Immediate action is required to reduce CO2 agree/disagree blah blah.