Zetec Climate - Fiesta 57 Reg Cigarette Lighter & Horn Problems - The White Shadow

Hi,

I have the above car but the Cigarette lighter stopped working, I replaced the fuse behind the glove compartment but that didn't work so I tested the Cigarette lighter end with an electric tester kit but no reading was showing, in order to check the tester my father & I put it onto his ligthter & a reading showed.

Also I have an intermittent horn that only works when it feels like it but as for that I don;t know where to start.

Any Idear's?

Thanks

David

Zetec Climate - Fiesta 57 Reg Cigarette Lighter & Horn Problems - elekie&a/c doctor
If you are happy that all the fuses are correct and in the right locations ,then it is possible that either the wiring behind the socket is poor,or the socket itself is faulty.As for the horn,I would suggest check the connection to this also.
Zetec Climate - Fiesta 57 Reg Cigarette Lighter & Horn Problems - The White Shadow

Hi,

Thanks.

I connected the tester direct to the wirers behind the Cigarette lighter bit no current. Could it be the wire behind the fuse? If so can it be reached?

As for the Horn, Where would the connection be? I couldn't see it near the engine but I don't know what it looks like.

David

Zetec Climate - Fiesta 57 Reg Cigarette Lighter & Horn Problems - elekie&a/c doctor
I doubt if there is a problem behind the fuse box.Check the locations in the fuse box to see if there are any contacts with no fuse in them.I suspect you have a fuse missing.as for the horn,you may need to release the bumper or plastic under panel for access.

Hi,

After looking in the manual U found out that there is a 2nd fuse box located in the near the engine, I phoned Fords to see what fuse I will need & if they had any as at 1st try I can't get the unit onep (plastic & don't want to break it) but they were unhelpful & just steted I need to tell them what fuse I want/need.

I still can't find out where the connection is for the horn in the engine area as I want to look at it to see if it just need a minor adjustemt/T.L.C.

Any idea's?

Thanks