Vauxhall Vectra V6 Diesel 2007 - Engine struggles on acceleration - Silverclouds

Please help! Vauxhall have conducted a diagnostic and cant seem to find the actual problem. As this is an Isuzu 3ltr engine inspection at Vauxhall concluded it is not an engine they are familiar with and responded that it "could" be the DPF. Mileage is 57,000. The engine managment light comes on almost immediately after 2nd gear. It struggles going up a hill big time.

A little bit of history....The oil light came on a few months ago and it resulted in a new oil switch, which was duly repaired. An oil change and filter was done at the same time. Since then, this problem has arisen. The mechanic has insisted the correct oil was used and even flushed the engine out and replaced the oil again. The engine struggling has not changed since, Cleaning agent has been used but has made no difference.

Any ideas would be welcomed. I am getting fobbed off quite a lot.

Vauxhall Vectra V6 Diesel 2007 - Engine struggles on acceleration - Peter.N.

Don't know the engine but in general if the performance is OK until the light comes on its going into 'limp home mode' . Will the fault clear if you stop the engine for about 5 minutes and restart it?

Could be any number of things but it should show up on the fault codes. Its possibly the DPF but it could also be fuel starvation due to a blocked fuel filter or one in the HP pump pressure regulator.

Vauxhall Vectra V6 Diesel 2007 - Engine struggles on acceleration - RobJP

I'd doubt it's the DPF - I'd be astonished if this car was even fitted with a DPF, from back then, and with that (old-school) Isuzu diesel engine.

I'd be more inclined to look elsewhere - EGR valve, or, as the other reply suggested, a fuelling issue.

Vauxhall Vectra V6 Diesel 2007 - Engine struggles on acceleration - elekie&a/c doctor

This will be the z30dt modern design diesel engine fitted to Vectra,Saab and Renault Espace.It is very likely to have a dpf fitted on this model year.You need to establish what fault codes are flagged.Unfortunately this engine is notorious for high pressure fuel pump,pressure regulation and injector issues.