Peugeot 306 Hdi 2.0l 2002 - Earthing - cansaintsstayup

Hi guys, I have a problem with the clock/external temp display not working intermitently. I've checked that there is a live feed to the unit and have concluded that there must be an earthing problem somewhere. Does anyone out there know where the earth to the unit is located? Thanks in advance of some much needed help.

Peugeot 306 Hdi 2.0l 2002 - Earthing - mss1tw

Hi guys, I have a problem with the clock/external temp display not working intermitently. I've checked that there is a live feed to the unit and have concluded that there must be an earthing problem somewhere. Does anyone out there know where the earth to the unit is located? Thanks in advance of some much needed help.

More likely to be the unit itself has started to fail internally, or maybe a loose connector/multiplug?

Earth faults are usually constant and affect items that use more current like lights and motors, in my experience at least.

Thanks - could be. Other than the plug which goes onto the back of the unit have you any thoughts on the likely multiplug and its whereabouts?

Peugeot 306 Hdi 2.0l 2002 - Earthing - mss1tw

Thanks - could be. Other than the plug which goes onto the back of the unit have you any thoughts on the likely multiplug and its whereabouts?

That's the only one I can think of, from there it should go straight back to the BSI

One thing, on these does that display also show the details for the radio?

Peugeot 306 Hdi 2.0l 2002 - Earthing - elekie&a/c doctor

Display not working intermittantly.Could it be that the backlight illumination is not working.?The display is there but you can,t see it.I think if this was an earth fault,there would also be faults to the heater panel /illumination system.

Display not working intermittantly.Could it be that the backlight illumination is not working.?The display is there but you can,t see it.I think if this was an earth fault,there would also be faults to the heater panel /illumination system.

Good thinking! I'll check into that aspect over the weekend - thanks for that.

No it's just the clock and the outside temp

Peugeot 306 Hdi 2.0l 2002 - Earthing - Gibbo_Wirral

I can't remember if its one shared bulb which backlights the clock and temp. Its a nice easy check though.

Peugeot 306 Hdi 2.0l 2002 - Earthing - Collos25

The central pod is just push fit and inside the circiut board is quite easy to remove at this time there was a model change the later models do not have the two buttons .The lights on some or most models are soldered in leds so you will need a good soldering iron and a solder sucker.

There's a great visual guide here:

www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=72114

They're standard mini bulbs in the 306, not LEDs, and do not need soldering.

As the guide says:

1). Buy the bulb holder complete with bulb for £2.16, part number 6112 60, you need two of these if none illuminated.

2). Buy the bulbs for £0.71p each part number 6216 C6 and pull out of the holder and replace.

As the guide says:

1). Buy the bulb holder complete with bulb for £2.16, part number 6112 60, you need two of these if none illuminated.

2). Buy the bulbs for £0.71p each part number 6216 C6 and pull out of the holder and replace.

Thanks Gibbo, that's really useful. Off to footie tomorrow, probably check on the bulbs Sunday.

As suggested, the two bulbs were indeed blown. Can't quite understand the intermittent nature but hey ho I'll get a couple of replacements and see if that sorts it.

Purchased 2 bulbs for the princely sum of £1.94 and the job's a good un.

Again thanks for the tips.

Peugeot 306 Hdi 2.0l 2002 - Earthing - Collos25

As the guide says:

I assume from your reply you have never taken one to pieces

Wrong. I had a 2000 306 LX with non functioning bulbs on the heaters and clock and this guide was perfect. The blown bulbs were attached in the holders and couldn't be removed.

I'm not sure what you're referring to.