French - Car on Fire at Longleat - V4 Heaven
Does anyone know what make/model of car caught fire at Longleat? The issue was recently reported in the news.

I'm guessing it was French, probably a Renault Espace. I know a few of those that have spontaneously combusted.

Edited by V4 Heaven on 20/04/2014 at 17:27

French - Car on Fire at Longleat - Bromptonaut

Other sources suggested a Fiat Ulysse (also sold as Citroen Synergie/Evasion and Peugeot 806).

French - Car on Fire at Longleat - Collos25

If it was a Espace there would be nothing left of the bodywork as they are made of plastic .

French - Car on Fire at Longleat - skidpan

If it was a Espace there would be nothing left of the bodywork as they are made of plastic .

The early vesions of the Espace were plastic but the last one was steel bodied.

French - Car on Fire at Longleat - Ethan Edwards

Believe it was a Peugeot 807.

French - Car on Fire at Longleat - Cyd
Does anyone know what make/model of car caught fire at Longleat? The issue was recently reported in the news. I'm guessing it was French, probably a Renault Espace. I know a few of those that have spontaneously combusted.

Hhmm.....conclusions......jumping......think of a phrase!

You cannot infer anything about make or model from the mere fact of a fire.

Remember, that pinnacle of German quality engineering, Porsche, is shelling out new engines to owners after recent fires have destroyed several new cars.

French - Car on Fire at Longleat - Bobbin Threadbare

www.bristolpost.co.uk/VIDEO-Family-s-car-catches-L...l

that's the best pic I can find - it looks like a Pug

French - Car on Fire at Longleat - gordonbennet

The pic i saw looked like a 807/Synergie/Useless.

A paragon of electrical and mechanical simplicity those..;)

French - Car on Fire at Longleat - 72 dudes

The pic i saw looked like a 807/Synergie/Useless.

A paragon of electrical and mechanical simplicity those..;)

Yep, can't tell which of the 3 it is, but think the 807 was the best seller, so odds on.

Judging by the massive dent in the rear door, think the owner wouldn't be too broken hearted that it was written off.

French - Car on Fire at Longleat - Avant

The lioness, presumably not having any French parts, looks to be in much better condition.

Given the potential irony with the Peugeot lion symbol, no doubt Peugeot are hoping it was a Citroen or Fiat version.

Edited by Avant on 21/04/2014 at 18:13

French - Car on Fire at Longleat - V4 Heaven
Yep, looks like a Peugeot 807 MPV or one of its variants.

Quelle surprise!
French - Car on Fire at Longleat - veryoldbear

And there goes another Pug ....

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2609580/Dramatic-...l

French - Car on Fire at Longleat - Sofa Spud

QUOTE:....""If it was a Espace there would be nothing left of the bodywork as they are made of plastic .""

The current Espace model, which has been around for over 10 years and is probably now the most numerous version on the roads, has a conventional pressed steel bodyshell, with aluminium doors and bonnet.

Edited by Sofa Spud on 22/04/2014 at 12:34

French - Car on Fire at Longleat - Falkirk Bairn

QUOTE:....""If it was a Espace there would be nothing left of the bodywork as they are made of plastic .""

Original Espace was made by Matra (who also built F1 cars) - Matra chassis & fibreglass panels + Renault engine & running gear - Matra went bust around 2000 (IIRC). After this Renault brought out a pressed steel version.

French - Car on Fire at Longleat - getafix

"VW on fire" returned 88 000 000 resuts on google while "Peugeot on fire" returned only 32 200 000

Just FYI