Seven seats - Touran replacement - tourantass
Hi, With the family growing again (grand kids) when our kids were little we had a Touran, i would now like something similar but automatic, i only want a reliable torque converter gearbox, any cheap and chearfull ideas please, Ta

Edited by tourantass on 17/04/2014 at 10:31

Seven seats - Touran replacement - gordonbennet

How cheap, how old, petrol, Diesel, LPG?, not bothered which, size, badge preference?

Hi, Sorry i was a bit vague, petrol would be fine, with a budget of under £5000, i am not bothered anymore by "brand" Thanks.
Seven seats - Touran replacement - gordonbennet
Hi, Sorry i was a bit vague, petrol would be fine, with a budget of under £5000, i am not bothered anymore by "brand" Thanks.

Good, more choice then, presumably you don't want to go up to bus size such as Kia Sedona, so haven't even thought about them.

In no particular order, Honda FRV, Kia Carens, Mazda 5 (avoid Mazda Diesel like the plague).

Misubishi Grandis, 2.4 engine can be thirsty and i can't say as my Mitsi service dept experiences have been anything to write home about, expensive genuine parts.

A rare choice, and i really liked these, would be Avensis Verso, discontinued in 2006, lovely refined quiet drive, worth looking at IMO.

Didn't include Corolla Verso as i believe they stuck one of satans MMT automated manual things in it.

Edited by gordonbennet on 17/04/2014 at 14:45

Seven seats - Touran replacement - KB80

I've heard good things about the Ford Galaxy and the Ford S-Max but hard to answer without few more details about budget etc

Seven seats - Touran replacement - Sofa Spud

The Touran is still in production and it's available with a 'normal' torque converter automatic gearbox as well as manual and DSG.

From my own experience the only serious criticism I have of the Touran is the loud road noise from the rear tyres on anything but the smoothest of tarmac.

Hi, Is the torque converter auto on the touran a new model? We did 158000 miles in our old touran manual. Then the turbo went. £800 pounds worth, and then i sold it for spares when the gearbox went. Loved the car though.
Seven seats - Touran replacement - daveyK_UK

Zafira 2.2 petrol auto

Seven seats - Touran replacement - Happy Blue!

£5,000 will get you a Ford S-Max with a TC auto gearbox. In petrol guise it is only with the awful 2.3 petrol I think, but with the diesel it's with a very good 2.0 TDCi engine - I know I have had one for four years and it still beats everything this side of a V8 Audi Q7.

Lots of room, very comfortable and I have needed no repairs. To me it is a seven seat Ferrari.

As it is based upon the Mondeo/Galaxy platform, there should be lots of cheap parts if repair is needed.