vauxhall movano - van using oil - terry50

my van is pulling oil from oil tank through fuel filter leaving no oil not using diesel at all

vauxhall movano - van using oil - skidpan

So you van is pumping oil from the sump, through the fuel filter but using no diesel.

Think you need to explain better, it makes no sense to me since oil from the sump cannot get to the fuel filter in any vehicle.

vauxhall movano - van using oil - terry50

Thankyou for answering my question.

In answer to your question, I have took my van to the garage and asked them how I am losing oil, they also said it is impossible for oil to go from the sump to the fuel filter. When the mechanic removed the fuel filter from my van it was full of oil and he has no idea how the oil is getting to the fuel filter.

I recently changed the fuel filter earlier this week and it was full of oil again. Outside of the fuel pump I squeezed the primer and saw oil going into the fuel filter.

This is all I can say as I am not a mechanic and have no idea what to do now.

Thanks,

Terry

vauxhall movano - van using oil - skidpan

This is all I can say as I am not a mechanic and have no idea what to do now.

Find a garage that tells the truth and can diagnose issues. There is no way diesel can get into the fuel filter unless someone has disconnected the fuel tank and connected the fuel pipes (and pump) to the sump. On every car ever made there is no connection between the sump and the fuel tank.

Think about it, sumps contain lubricating oil, fuel tanks contain fuel. They are for different purposes.

Just one thought, are you sure its the fuel filter you are changing and not the oil filter. Different things.