Warranty and - Servicing Costs - oldroverboy.

Helped mate buy nearly new aveo 1.2ls, now needs 2nd year servive but only 6000 miles.

Evans Halshaw quoting £232 inc vat for this with the brake fluid change.

Local (trusted indie) will do for about £100 inc.will use original parts! (oil and air filter)

Even I am shocked at the difference!

Warranty and - Servicing Costs - skidpan

Helped mate buy nearly new aveo 1.2ls, now needs 2nd year servive but only 6000 miles.

Local (trusted indie) will do for about £100 inc.will use original parts! (oil and air filter)

Has your local trusted indie got a Chevrolet Service Schedule that details every item that needs checking. In the event of a warranty claim Chevrolet will want proof that the service was carried out exactly to their schedule, if its not or you don't have proof its a get out of jail free card for the manufacturer.

This applies to all makes, its OK believing that getting the work done at a VAT registered indie keeps your warranty intact but proof will be required.

Do Chevrolet need body checks, if they do indies cannot do those.

Can your indie check on his database to see if Chevrolet have issued any recalls or updates against the cars VIN or reg number. Of course he can't and even if he could he cannot carry this work FOC like a Chevrolet dealer.

There are reasons why franchises charge more.

Warranty and - Servicing Costs - oldroverboy.

There are reasons why franchises charge more.

I know that, I have warned him, but he prefers to save the money. And no, when there is a problem, I'll leave it to him to sort himself. He is in his 70's, not very bright, I helped him choose and buy the car, but I cannot force him to go to a Chevrolet dealer!

That price was for St Albans chevrolet, here in west wales chevrolet is only £150.

That is what really shocks me, Hourly rates same.

Warranty and - Servicing Costs - jc2

The Ford dealers in our area(all part of same group)charge different prices for servicing.