Audi A3 8PA sportback 1.9tdi 2005 - Opening and closing windows with central locking - mak

My owners manual states that the windows can be opened and closed via the remote control and also by the key. This does not work on my car. The windows all work using the switches including the one touch function apart from the driver's window which will not close by the one touch but opens by it. Just wondering if this function, opening/closing by remote control, can be disabled/abled by the VCDS meter. Do I have a fault in the driver's window motor control or in the switch? Also worried that perhaps a faulty window motor control may be causing an electrical drain as battery not holding charge.

Mak

Audi A3 8PA sportback 1.9tdi 2005 - Opening and closing windows with central locking - daveyjp
Drivers window may need a reset. Close it using the button, release button then press it again to close. This should reset the sensor.
Audi A3 8PA sportback 1.9tdi 2005 - Opening and closing windows with central locking - mak

Daveyjp... many thanks for the reply. Tried that and all variations on drivers switch without any joy and also Vagcom. Do you think it is the switch or the motor control? In respect to the fully opening and closing of the windows by locking and unlocking the doors, as this does not work just wondering if previous owners have had this disabled or problem linked to driver's switch not operating properly.

Many thanks for all replies

Audi A3 8PA sportback 1.9tdi 2005 - Opening and closing windows with central locking - sparky93

My 98 octavia opened and closed wibdows using the key and holding in eithet position. No button on that.

But my 03 octi did not do windows at all. I found out it was just a option. Used vcds to tweak a code. Job dun.

Audi A3 8PA sportback 1.9tdi 2005 - Opening and closing windows with central locking - elekie&a/c doctor

Unlikely to be a motor or module fault,but could be a wiring issue.If you have vcds,then do a global scan and see what faults are logged.hth

Audi A3 8PA sportback 1.9tdi 2005 - Opening and closing windows with central locking - Railroad.
Opening and closing of the windows with the remote fob is a feature that can be enabled on your model, although to the best of my knowledge not with VCDS. However you can buy a device called a KVW100 that will allow you to enable it.

With regard to 'one touch' the fault most likely lies in the contacts inside the switch pack fitted on the drivers door panel. You can disassemble it and clean the contacts, and afterwards it will almost certainly work. The operation of this feature can be checked with VCDS.