55 plate vw golf plus 1.9 pd - Golf plus fuel gauge not working - welshmale60
Bought this car from auction drives lovely filled it to the brim with diesel trip computer showing -- and no fuel gage working any ideas ie fuse (hope so ) or maybe the sender all advice appreciated thanks in advance
55 plate vw golf plus 1.9 pd - Golf plus fuel gauge not working - elekie&a/c doctor
Sorry to say it will not be a fuse.You need to get a diagnostic check on the instrument cluster to see what is recorded on fault codes and actual values of fuel level in the tank.hth
55 plate vw golf plus 1.9 pd - Golf plus fuel gauge not working - welshmale60
Today when I started the car it was working dropped my daughter off at school came back when to go shopping not working again but I've got trip miles so from full I should get 400 miles to be sure ill refill every 400 miles until I get it done thanks
55 plate vw golf plus 1.9 pd - Golf plus fuel gauge not working - gordonbennet

Presumably there is a working primer pump/bulb situated under the bonnet, assuming it has one and it works i'd be inclined to carry a 5 litre can of Diesel in the boot, just in case you run out...if there is no primer i don't know if the Golf is a self bleeder, and in practice its very hard on the battery/starter to purge the air.

Would make sense to research priming the system asap, you can be certain if it should run out it will be at the most inconvenient moment.

55 plate vw golf plus 1.9 pd - Golf plus fuel gauge not working - Railroad.
The most likely cause is a faulty fuel tank sender unit. You need someone with suitable diagnostic equipment (me), to run an actuator test on the gauge itself to see if it works.