Ford Mondeo TCDI MK4 2007 to present - Time for Ford Mondeo TCDI recall leaking diesels - gregz008

I have a 2009 Ford Mondeo TCDI it is now leaking diesel form the diesel return pipe / spill pipe.

Looking on Ford owners website several people are experiencing o rings perishing.

This is highly dangerous mixture of hot engines and diesel leaking / spraying with the risk of fire. Along with diesel leaking on carriageways danger to motorcyclist.

Surely this should be a recall because faults are appearing on many cars it is a very poor design.

I read a link stating a recall from VOSA on Fords for this i can not know find it however i contacted Fords and they said no recalls but i was told by Ford parts that they change the diesel return pipes as they do leak.

In my view this is dangerous having perishing o rings which can leak for months without owners knowing spilling diesel onto carriageways and putting lives at risk through potential fire hazard.

Ford Mondeo TCDI MK4 2007 to present - Time for Ford Mondeo TCDI recall leaking diesels - Avant

This thread has appeared twice for some reason. Pleas use the other one if you want to comment.