Audi A3 - Do I have to return car to dealer when I reject it - kirst29

I purchased a car 3 months ago for £7000 and amongst other things (including taking the car back 3 times for repairs) the turbo is now on its way out (I have a report from Audi stating this). The car was previously owned by the manager of the garage so he would have known all the issues with the car. I have had legal advice and they think I am within my right to reject the car for a refund but I forgot to ask them if I have to take the car back to the garage when I reject it. I really dont want to have to do this as the manager is major aggressive and intimidating. Also I'm worried if I loose the small claims I will have to go back to the garage and take the car back!

Audi A3 - Do I have to return car to dealer when I reject it - pd

Generally, yes you do unless agreed otherwise.

You need to actually have an agreement in place to take it back though - there isn't a lot of point in simply handling it back if they are not going to refund. Then they have the car and your money.

Audi A3 - Do I have to return car to dealer when I reject it - monian

Are you in any dialogue at all with this garage ? Do they know of your concern and intentions?

Audi A3 - Do I have to return car to dealer when I reject it - cygnet

I am not a lawyer so I do not wish to question the legal advice you have.

However, if the garage agree to fix or replace the turbo and the car is otherwise fit for purpose I do not see how you can reject it.

The fact is, second hand cars develop faults, new cars develop faults, if the faults are fixed with no charge in a timely fashion then you are in the same position as you were before the fault. If they don't fix it or make a bodge job then it's a different matter.

Cygnet

Audi A3 - Do I have to return car to dealer when I reject it - harry55

Hi. What is the position now?

Read the Sale of Goods (and Services) Act. What i am not clear about is whether you have given the garage the car back to repair/remedy. You should have rejected the car asap. You do not have to return the car, unless agreed, but DO NOT drive it, otherwise you invalidate your rights.

How did you pay for the car? If wholly or in part with a credit card (£100 plus) then you can seek redress under section 75 of the consumer credit act.

I had big success with a faulty and misdescribed car. Plus it had been clocked. My credit card company and the local trading standards were brilliant.

Learn next time. If a car is too good to be true, it usually is!