Nissan Micra SE 1.4 Automatic - New or 2nd hand steering wheel under warranty? - BlackLab

Hi, I bought a used car in September(very low mileage). This car broke down under the dealer's 3 month warranty & steering wheel needed replacing. Dealer has replaced with very old, shabby replacement with which I am not happy. He has agreed to replace with a better second hand wheel and has said he cannot cover the cost of a brand new wheel. He advises the second hand wheel may take quite some time for him to find. Am I within my rights legally to expect a brand new wheel or am I only entitled to a second hand wheel? Many thanks.

Nissan Micra SE 1.4 Automatic - New or 2nd hand steering wheel under warranty? - elekie&a/c doctor
It is a second hand car,so cannot be expected to be the same as a new one.realistically,a good second hand wheel should be available from a car dismantler and the dealer should be given the opportunity to find one.I really don't think you can expect a new one.hth
Nissan Micra SE 1.4 Automatic - New or 2nd hand steering wheel under warranty? - gordonbennet

The longer this goes on the more disinclined the dealer will be to put the job right, might be an idea for you to search the car breaker ads and find one for him, might gee him up a tad.

Nissan Micra SE 1.4 Automatic - New or 2nd hand steering wheel under warranty? - Galaxy

You bought a used car with a very low mileage and the steering wheel needs replacing?

Hmmm!

Nissan Micra SE 1.4 Automatic - New or 2nd hand steering wheel under warranty? - dan86

if it was me id be starting to think it had been clocked.

Nissan Micra SE 1.4 Automatic - New or 2nd hand steering wheel under warranty? - gordonbennet

I'd assume its an airbag fault, maybe the airbag isn't a separate item on the Micra wheel.

Nissan Micra SE 1.4 Automatic - New or 2nd hand steering wheel under warranty? - BlackLab

2005 Micra, 19800 on clock. Was sold with fully verified genuine mileage and paperwork to this effect.

Nissan Micra SE 1.4 Automatic - New or 2nd hand steering wheel under warranty? - alan1302

2005 Micra, 19800 on clock. Was sold with fully verified genuine mileage and paperwork to this effect.

But what was the fault witht he steering wheel?