Skoda Fabia - insurance scam? - cayvee

Today I received a 'phone call regarding an incident that occured a couple of years ago. It appears a sum of money had been earmarked for any injury claim by me, by the other driver's insurance company. This caller, from a firm called Premier Solutions, has been charged with contacting me with a view to giving me the money. As I had only been shaken up, not injured, I had no need to claim. I was assured I would receive the full amount, and no charges made. Is this genuine, or is it one of these insurance scams? Who should I report it to if it is a scam?

Skoda Fabia - insurance scam? - FP

"Today I received a 'phone call regarding an incident that occured a couple of years ago."

Was it really about an incident you actually had - or did the caller make some vague reference to an accident in the past, hoping you would respond? Two years ago, and no-one has done anything in the meantime?

"It appears a sum of money had been earmarked for any injury claim by me, by the other driver's insurance company." Earmarked - is that even likely?

Scam, for sure. At some point they will want your bank details or something. I'd run a mile.

As for reporting it, there is www.insurancefraudbureau.org/report/ No idea if they will do anything, though.

Skoda Fabia - insurance scam? - alan1302

Today I received a 'phone call regarding an incident that occured a couple of years ago. It appears a sum of money had been earmarked for any injury claim by me, by the other driver's insurance company. This caller, from a firm called Premier Solutions, has been charged with contacting me with a view to giving me the money. As I had only been shaken up, not injured, I had no need to claim. I was assured I would receive the full amount, and no charges made. Is this genuine, or is it one of these insurance scams? Who should I report it to if it is a scam?

Is it genuine? No.

Skoda Fabia - insurance scam? - Andrew-T

If it seems too good to be true .... Quite apart from seeming likely.

Edited by Andrew-T on 01/11/2013 at 23:12

Skoda Fabia - insurance scam? - Skezza

There's a lot of this at the moment. My girlfriends mum got a call from someone the other day about this. I forget the name of the company but the female on the phone told her that "a private injury settlement had been reached over an accident that happened earlier in this year".

I've told her to be very careful.

Skoda Fabia - insurance scam? - alan1302

There's a lot of this at the moment. My girlfriends mum got a call from someone the other day about this. I forget the name of the company but the female on the phone told her that "a private injury settlement had been reached over an accident that happened earlier in this year".

I've told her to be very careful.

Just tell her to put the phone down - companies like this are not people anyone would want to deal with.