2000 honda civic 1.4 - handbrake issue - mark.b

My car failed its not last week on the handbrake being unbalanced % wise,mechanic removed rear calipers found n/s partially seized, cleaned and freed the caliper off,installed new pads, took back the car and it passed,problem I have is now no handbrake at all,handbrake lever clicks 5-6 clicks,really need advice,much isn't gonna see me again after leaving my car in this state,don't trust him

2000 honda civic 1.4 - handbrake issue - focussed

Probably a bit of a simplistic question this but:-

If the car does not have a functioning handbrake how did it pass the MOT test?

Have you taken it back to the MOT tester and asked him this?

I leave the car with a mechanic,he takes it the mot then does any work if required then I pick the car up once its passed,when he was contacted over the no handbrake problem he just said take it back to him,to be honest I've lost all faith in him since he gave me a car back without a working handbrake,no trust now, ,problem I have is i live on a hill so parkings pretty dicey at the minute,think I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and take it to a garage for a safety check of his work an get it sorted £££

2000 honda civic 1.4 - handbrake issue - dieselnut

If you've had new pads fitted they will need to bed in to get full stopping power. They are now balanced & the braking effect needed to pass an MOT isn't great. They may take a while to bed in, so no handbrake turns for a while :)

Thanks for the advice dieselnut