Peugeot 607 07 plate 2.0 litre hdi - Leak causing water collecting in rear footwell - lemonchooser
Hi all, this is my first post, and i am a little desperate, to be honest. My 607 seems to be letting rainwater in and it's collecting in the rear passenger footwell (under the carpet). I have checked the door seals and there is no leak there. A car glass repairer has looked at the front windscreen, and as far as he can tell there is no leak from the windscreen (he unhooked all of the trim around the windscreen and there were no signs of water ingress). Anybody got an ideas where this leak might be coming from? It's blooming annoying, as I love the car (despite its rather poor reviews)!

Any help gratefully received! Many thanks

John
Peugeot 607 07 plate 2.0 litre hdi - Leak causing water collecting in rear footwell - Avant

Moved to Technical.

Peugeot 607 07 plate 2.0 litre hdi - Leak causing water collecting in rear footwell - artill

Water leaks are a real pain, but firstly you need to find where it is coming from. Use something absorbant like a towel and put these anywhere water can possibly get it to see which one gets wet. The windscreen is a possibility , but probably not the most likely area. but if you put towels in the front footwell they will only get damp if water drips on them. There is also the posibility of the water coming from the heater, but this would have antifreeze in it so you should be able to tell this apart from water dripping from the screen.

Another posibility is the inner membrane in the doors. Water normally runs down the windows and some enters the door, but there is a plastic membrane to keep this inside the door (where it drains to the outside), but if it damaged, or has come away at the bottom the water can dribble into the car instead. Put towels at the bottom of the closed doors on the inside of the passengerside to see if either get wet.

Oh, and i think 607s are great too.

Peugeot 607 07 plate 2.0 litre hdi - Leak causing water collecting in rear footwell - sprutts

good old trick to find leaks, put achalk yes chalk line where you think the leak is it will wash it off so follow the line & put on more ke'